Lightbox IFrame ***Removed 08/06/12***

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
BaconFries

Lightbox IFrame ***Removed 08/06/12***

Post by BaconFries »

The extension has been removed due to non compatibilty with Google Chrome. Chrome has implemented a security measure to stop breaking out of a iframe and directly displaying the parent page from which the Lightbox in contained. I have tried to find a solution for this but each fix I come across doesnt seem to work, till I can find a fix that works I have decided that I should remove the extension, apoligises to all who have used the extension and found it useful your feedback and support was welcome.
Last edited by BaconFries on Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

New extension....
Lightbox IFrame ***04/08/10***
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Did you read the pdf this is a two part extension the part you are refering to doesnt have any options as it is just code...
This part lighboxjavascripts.wbx you just place on the same page as the iframe object it has no options as none are needed as it is just code..

This part lightboxiframe.wbx gets placed on a "New" page and then use the iframe properties Link to: use Internal Web Page>Page>Click 'Select' to choose a page>Select>yourpage.html

Here is a wbs demo that shows you what to do as explained in the pdf....

http://www.mediafire.com/?fs9fop80hcehq4k
lefo

Re: Lightbox IFrame ***04/08/10***

Post by lefo »

Well, I'm trying to get Lightbos iFrame to work, and I don't see any images. I've loaded them all in, I have the Lightbox JavaScripts on the page, I have left almost everything to their default settings, but I can't see anything when I preview. I haven't put it up on the server yet. I wanted to make certain I could get it to work first. I've read the PDF, but...I must be stoopid.

Quick question: Do all of the images have to link to an internal page, and if so: should it be the page I'm trying to put the gallery on, or the index.html page? I've tried both, but none of them are working. I've also tried it with no links.

I'd really love to use this as the whole site works in iFrame.

Thanks,

Len

UPDATE:::I AM stoopid! I had put the extension in first and added images BEFORE putting the LIghtbox Javascripts on the page. I've fixed it. Thanks anyway, Looks like a beautiful extension!!!
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

:D thats ok ....glad it working for you...
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

This extension was built to show images I have not done any testing with it using urls to youtube or any other video sharing....you maybe getting confused with this extension and a similar extension with the same name you can view the other extension at the following url
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=32843
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Hello BaconFries,

I posted something related to the extension here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48170&p=242533#p242533

I asked if the extension works in Chrome and IE, as it is working fine for me in Firefox.

Thanks.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Morning supersonictt, ok I have tested the extension in FF, Safari, Opera, IE8 and they all display ok In Chrome it opens in a new window if you place in the iframe, which is starnge because if you use the lightbox without the iframe it opens as it should, I can only assume that it is a Chrome security issus that it doesnt like the lightbox being inside a iframe. I personalaly dont test in any other browser apart from the 5 mainFF, IE, opera, Safari and Chrome so cant offer advice on them. For IE9 I would suggest that you try using
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7"> as a workaround this may even work on Maxthgon as it is initially based on IE....I will take a closer look at Chrome as It was working it it before but as mentioned it may a security issue with Chrome.
iamafireman

Post by iamafireman »

Bacon, Super
I have used this extension with the ultimate page scroller within an Iframe and what I have found out is that on one of my sites hosted on godady the light box effect works and shows within the iframe in both chrome and IE9. I have a "test" site, hosted with a free account, have the same template and with chrome and IE9 the picture shows within the iframe but not with the darken background.
Could it have something to do with the hosting aswell as the browser?
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

@BaconFries
Thanks a lot for the reply.
Yes, the lighbox works in Chrome if it is used alone (not in iframe). And as you said that it worked before, it might be a security issue in the chrome latest version (or some latest updates).
The tip you provided for the IE9 works well, thanks a lot for that :)

@iamafireman
Could you please provide the link for what you mentioned? I am also using the Ultimate Scroller extension with lightnox iframe extension.

Thank you both for your input :)
iamafireman

Post by iamafireman »

Last edited by iamafireman on Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Thanks for the link.
The lightbox is showing inside the iframe, what I actually want is that it shows outside the iframe :)
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@ supersonictt It seems that what I have mentioned already about it being a security issue using Chrome is true,,,I search ogGoogle it seems that it is more than just the lightbox that is having issues it is iframes and there content in general that Chrome doent like to open...I will try and find a alternative script that will allow this be patient I am going to be taken a leave of absense from the form for a short period do to some health issues that need seeing to...I will be making a post regarding this in the form overthe next couple of days...
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Take a good care of yourself BaconFries, hope everything regarding you health will be ok soon :)
And don't bother about the fix :)
See you around soon and thanks a lot :)
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

i know this post is off-topic.
just wishes of good health.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Thanks [RZ] :) Keep up the good work with all your extensions they have become very popular with the forum members....
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

@bf thank you, simple words encourage a lot.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@supersonictt I have managed to fix this issue with Chrome. I have have a new version ready for release, you may have noticed that there is a "New" version of the Extension Builder available along with a Demo version of WYSIWYG Web Builder 8.2 for test purposes only. I may hold off releasing the update/fix till 8.2 is officially released, but if you feel that you need the extension I will release it using EB3.0.1 and just update when required.
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

BaconFries,
I tried the fix you mentioned (before you deleted it) but it didn't work, and sorry for not informing you as I was on a hurry and I had to leave home!
Well, of course I can wait until the new WWB 8.2 is released, no rush man, take your time :)
And I hope that your health is becoming better :)
Thanks a lot for this great support :)
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@supersonictt do you have a contact email that I may contact you through? I would like you to test the updated extension before I will release ...If you do not have a contact or do not wish to post here I will think of something so you may test it.
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Sure BaconFries, here is my email:
email recieved and I have removed just incase of spambots

I will test it and let you know :)
Thanks a lot.
BaconFries

Re: Lightbox IFrame ***08/06/12***

Post by BaconFries »

Update Lightbox IFrame ***08/06/12*** please read the first post of the topic
supersonictt

Re: Lightbox IFrame ***Removed 08/06/12***

Post by supersonictt »

BaconFries wrote:The extension has been removed due to non compatibilty with Google Chrome. Chrome has implemented a security measure to stop breaking out of a iframe and directly displaying the parent page from which the Lightbox in contained. I have tried to find a solution for this but each fix I come across doesnt seem to work, till I can find a fix that works I have decided that I should remove the extension, apoligises to all who have used the extension and found it useful your feedback and support was welcome.
No worries BaconFries, I should be free within the next two days so I will also try to find a solution :)
Thanks a lot for your updates info about the extension :)