JW Image Rotator 3.17 ***Update 19/09/13***(Depreciated)

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
User avatar
BaconFries
 
 
Posts: 5230
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:32 pm

Re: JW Image Rotator 3.17 ***Update 01/06/10***

Post by BaconFries » Mon May 23, 2011 5:59 pm

Yes it still works I have just reinstalled and it loaded correctly without any issues please see screen image below...did you manually install the extension by just unzipping and the droppping in My Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\extensions\ ordid you install thourg the extension manager?? I would recommend that you always install via the extension manager so not to have any issues...
jwrotplay.gif

User avatar
Starb7
 
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:35 pm
Location: Derbyshire

Re: JW Image Rotator 3.17 ***Update 01/06/10***

Post by Starb7 » Mon May 23, 2011 6:22 pm

I am using the built-in extensions manager. I have tried to install it in the usual location, eg C:\Users\PaulV\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\extensions and also in the Programs folder but no joy. If I install it while in the programs folder it says it's installed OK but it hasn't and if i put in in the above path, I get a random error message - see screen shot - puzzled as this is not the first extensuio that has disapeared after an update (sorry, should have mentioned I just updated to 7.6.2)

User avatar
Starb7
 
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:35 pm
Location: Derbyshire

Re: JW Image Rotator 3.17 ***Update 01/06/10***

Post by Starb7 » Mon May 23, 2011 6:33 pm

OK - on the presumption the installer, etc, works OK, could it be something wrong with my Extensions Database? In which case, can I reset it and then re-install the extensions from new?

Cheers

Paul


p.s. is there also any way to get these extensions to list alphabetically?

User avatar
BaconFries
 
 
Posts: 5230
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:32 pm

Re: JW Image Rotator 3.17 ***Update 01/06/10***

Post by BaconFries » Mon May 23, 2011 6:37 pm

Ok I think this error indicates that you already have the extension opened already in WB!! this could be that you have it installed in a open project maybe....please close all instances of the extension including any projects opened that may be using it...and try installing again...other than that I cannot really say why it is not installing as you can see It does work for me

User avatar
Starb7
 
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:35 pm
Location: Derbyshire

Re: JW Image Rotator 3.17 ***Update 01/06/10***

Post by Starb7 » Mon May 23, 2011 6:46 pm

BaconFries wrote:Ok I think this error indicates that you already have the extension opened already in WB!! this could be that you have it installed in a open project maybe....please close all instances of the extension including any projects opened that may be using it...and try installing again...other than that I cannot really say why it is not installing as you can see It does work for me
Tried that and did a clean reboot of the system. If I look in the extensions list, it does not appear. So, I put the extn in my docs folder and did a manual install (via the extn manager) and when it installs, it says it is in the full path, ie WWB thinks it's installed it from the correct location. I think the only solution is to reinstall the extensions by resetting the list, Q. how? Any advice welcome!

Cheers

Paul

User avatar
Starb7
 
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:35 pm
Location: Derbyshire

Re: JW Image Rotator 3.17 ***Update 01/06/10***

Post by Starb7 » Mon May 23, 2011 7:37 pm

Starb7 wrote:
BaconFries wrote:Ok I think this error indicates that you already have the extension opened already in WB!! this could be that you have it installed in a open project maybe....please close all instances of the extension including any projects opened that may be using it...and try installing again...other than that I cannot really say why it is not installing as you can see It does work for me
Tried that and did a clean reboot of the system. If I look in the extensions list, it does not appear. So, I put the extn in my docs folder and did a manual install (via the extn manager) and when it installs, it says it is in the full path, ie WWB thinks it's installed it from the correct location. I think the only solution is to reinstall the extensions by resetting the list, Q. how? Any advice welcome!

Cheers

Paul
OK, just re-installed all WWB extensions (renamed the system/extensions folder) and tried JWImageRotator first and despite WWB saying successful install, it does not appear in the toolbar. have given up on this extn as it doesn't see to like W7 and 7.62 (or my PC!). Anyoen got any suggestions as to an alternative - looks like I am going to go to flash to get this site done!

Cheers

Paul

User avatar
BaconFries
 
 
Posts: 5230
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:32 pm

Re: JW Image Rotator 3.17 ***Update 01/06/10***

Post by BaconFries » Mon May 23, 2011 7:40 pm

You can uninstall all the extensions that you have installed through the extension manager by highlighting each one and ckilcking uninstall... Ok I need ask this are you using a legal version of WB?? as you should be aware you can only use extensions if you have a registered version....I dont have anyway to check as I am not a Admin....(please do not post any details here if you a registered) before you do anything please read the following

How to Download and instal webbuilder extensions.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17229

How to trouble shoot Web Builder Extension issues
viewtopic.php?t=7234

User avatar
Starb7
 
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:35 pm
Location: Derbyshire

Re: JW Image Rotator 3.17 ***Update 01/06/10***

Post by Starb7 » Mon May 23, 2011 8:01 pm

BaconFries wrote:You can uninstall all the extensions that you have installed through the extension manager by highlighting each one and ckilcking uninstall... Ok I need ask this are you using a legal version of WB?? as you should be aware you can only use extensions if you have a registered version....I dont have anyway to check as I am not a Admin....(please do not post any details here if you a registered) before you do anything please read the following

How to Download and instal webbuilder extensions.viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17229

How to trouble shoot Web Builder Extension issues?viewtopic.php?t=7234
Hi Bacon Fries - yes, fully licensed - had this s/w since it was called SiteSpinner (or something like that) and have tried all sorts to get this to work. Note that I can't unistall JWIR via the Extensions Manager as it doesn't show in the list of installed extensions!

I know why I get the above error (the process cannot access the file) and that is because despite where you put the extension, WWB installs it into the user.... path and as it already exists there, cannot replace it. I therefore believe this is not an install issue but one of getting WWB to recognise the extension, hence my original query of is is compatible with wwb 7.62.

I think Pablo needs to get involved to try fix this one!! ;-)

Cheers

Paul

User avatar
Starb7
 
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:35 pm
Location: Derbyshire

Re: JW Image Rotator 3.17 ***Update 01/06/10***

Post by Starb7 » Mon May 23, 2011 8:11 pm

Starb7 wrote:
BaconFries wrote:You can uninstall all the extensions that you have installed through the extension manager by highlighting each one and ckilcking uninstall... Ok I need ask this are you using a legal version of WB?? as you should be aware you can only use extensions if you have a registered version....I dont have anyway to check as I am not a Admin....(please do not post any details here if you a registered) before you do anything please read the following

How to Download and instal webbuilder extensions.viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17229

How to trouble shoot Web Builder Extension issues?viewtopic.php?t=7234
Hi Bacon Fries - yes, fully licensed - had this s/w since it was called SiteSpinner (or something like that) and have tried all sorts to get this to work. Note that I can't unistall JWIR via the Extensions Manager as it doesn't show in the list of installed extensions!

I know why I get the above error (the process cannot access the file) and that is because despite where you put the extension, WWB installs it into the user.... path and as it already exists there, cannot replace it. I therefore believe this is not an install issue but one of getting WWB to recognise the extension, hence my original query of is is compatible with wwb 7.62.

I think Pablo needs to get involved to try fix this one!! ;-)

Cheers

Paul
p.s. thanks for you help to-date!

User avatar
BaconFries
 
 
Posts: 5230
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:32 pm

Re: JW Image Rotator 3.17 ***Update 01/06/10***

Post by BaconFries » Mon May 23, 2011 8:16 pm

You can manually uninstall by going to My Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\extensions\ and remove the extension/s then if required you can try a reinstall...

User avatar
Starb7
 
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:35 pm
Location: Derbyshire

Re: JW Image Rotator 3.17 ***Update 01/06/10***

Post by Starb7 » Mon May 23, 2011 8:24 pm

BaconFries wrote:You can manually uninstall by going to My Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\extensions\ and remove the extension/s then if required you can try a reinstall...
That what I did as per my earlier posts - did it for ALL extentions too! All but this one will install and run O. I even downloaded a fresh copy, no joy!

it's a tricky little bugger!

Cheers

Paul

p.s. donr for tonight - will revisit it tmr.

User avatar
Starb7
 
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:35 pm
Location: Derbyshire

Re: JW Image Rotator 3.17 ***Update 01/06/10***

Post by Starb7 » Tue May 24, 2011 5:43 pm

Starb7 wrote:
BaconFries wrote:You can manually uninstall by going to My Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\extensions\ and remove the extension/s then if required you can try a reinstall...
That what I did as per my earlier posts - did it for ALL extentions too! All but this one will install and run O. I even downloaded a fresh copy, no joy!

it's a tricky little bugger!

Cheers

Paul
Hi Bacon Fries - do you or Pablo have any other ideas/suggestions to fix this one? If not, can you recommend another extension that does a similar job? Thanks for your help, Cheers, Paul

User avatar
BaconFries
 
 
Posts: 5230
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:32 pm

Re: JW Image Rotator 3.17 ***Update 01/06/10***

Post by BaconFries » Tue May 24, 2011 9:35 pm

Ok only one thing I can try and is to rebuild the extension in the latest version of the builder, this may or may not work...as you can see from the image I gave that it does install for myself, I wont get to do this tonight but will try to get it done tomorrow and then post the update, if this fails I will contact Pablo for advice ...

User avatar
Starb7
 
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:35 pm
Location: Derbyshire

Re: JW Image Rotator 3.17 ***Update 01/06/10***

Post by Starb7 » Wed May 25, 2011 8:05 am

BaconFries wrote:Ok only one thing I can try and is to rebuild the extension in the latest version of the builder, this may or may not work...as you can see from the image I gave that it does install for myself, I wont get to do this tonight but will try to get it done tomorrow and then post the update, if this fails I will contact Pablo for advice ...
Hi, that would be much appreciated - thanks.

User avatar
BaconFries
 
 
Posts: 5230
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:32 pm

Re: JW Image Rotator 3.17 ***Update 25/05/11***

Post by BaconFries » Wed May 25, 2011 12:45 pm

JW Image Rotator 3.17 ***Update 25/05/11***

Locked