JW Image Rotator 3.17 ***Update 19/09/13***(Depreciated)

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
amrajadhyaksha

Re: JW Image Rotator 3.17 ***Update 14/11/11***

Post by amrajadhyaksha »

BaconFries Wrote:
Image Rotator Updated as of 14/11/11 can be downloade via the etension manager in WB7/8
WB 8 too? When is that happening?
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

Removed the message, I could figure out what I was doing wrong! :oops:
Check the new Chat GPT and Malware detect extensions at the link below

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
---------------------------------------------------------
www.Lucknowwebs.com
mrwillow

Post by mrwillow »

I like the idea of this one, especially to add music. Where can I get the full instructions on getting this one up and running?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Please read the enclosed PDF file of thr extension. This can be found by clicking on Help in the extensions properties.
mrwillow

Post by mrwillow »

Hi, thank you for pointing me to the instructions. However, all does not seem clear, at least not to me. I create a collection in "Rotator Playlist", music and Images - all fine. But then I would have thought the "Slideshow Settings" would simply be a set of instructions to this playlist. Instead, I see a blank box with "Add", "Edit", etc.. I tried playing around with all this, at first clicking "Add" and then experimenting with the settings, as per the PDF instructions. But then when previewing the Presentation in-browser, it was about as haphazard as you can get. Also, within the "Rotator Playlist" instructions, does "Image Title" and "Image Information" have any bearing on anything? In other words, can I write something here and what I write somehow be included in the final Presentation? Please advise.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

At present I am unable to test this due to not having access to PC and answering by phone/ tablet. When inserting images ensure that there names are all valid no spacing no special charcters. The Title you refer to is the name of the imge so if the image name is mybeautifulimage.jpg then the title is My beautiful image minus the file extension .jpg. The Image Description is just a simple descrition of what the image looks like so if it is an Ferrai racing then you would insert something like My beauiful Ferrari racing. As mentioned I am not able to test or assist furthet due to not having access to PC to give you a better answer sorry..
mrwillow

Post by mrwillow »

Thank you, although can I wait until you have access to a PC and check into my query? As said, creating a "1. Image Rotator Playlist" is simple enough, but "2. Slideshow Settings" seems confusing - not the actual settings per se, but that "Add" and "Edit", etc., implies (at least to me) adding more Images, when I would have thought that once the Playlist is created in "1." there would be no need for further such adding in "2.". Thank you.
mrwillow

Post by mrwillow »

Sorry, but just don't get how this thing works (see above). Please help, anyone.
mrwillow

Post by mrwillow »

Anyone want to throw some light on this?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Ok I can finally try and answer you. What is confusing in the Slideshow settings?. There is no mention of adding anymore images than you have previously done so in the image playlist. The only other image you can add is a logo.The use of a logo depends on what the Image rotator is displaying, lets say you have made a site for a Photographer, and he/she wishes there logo to be displayed in the image rotator, then you can add a logo on top of the images, this would work like a watermark, this is all this setting is for. All other settings are how the rotator should function this includes any effects such as transitions, autostart, the rotators color how it will look. There is only one other reference to the images and that is the width and height these are set here in the slideshow settings and not in the Playlist because they do not get stored in the playlist xml file, they get embeded in the page html, where the images get called from a xml file along with the oter settings. Hope this is a little clearer to you.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

The extension can only be downloaded and installed via the extension manager in WB9. Or you can manually download from the following.
http://extensions.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/

Please also note that this extenson is now provided "As IS" I no lionger support this as it is no longer supoorted bt the original author.
BaconFries

Re: JW Image Rotator 3.17 ***Update 19/09/13***

Post by BaconFries »

***19/09/2013***

*****////////
Please note that this extenson is now provided "As Is" I no lionger support this as it is no longer supported by the original author BF.
////////*****