Integrating PayPal Mini cart with PayPal Custom Buttons

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
mayur007

Re: Integrating PayPal Mini cart with PayPal Custom Buttons

Post by mayur007 »

thanx
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

BaconFries wrote:Hi Colin ok have looked at this and my initial thought to maybe what could be done.....cant sorry. I paid a visit to the following from the original author (jeff harrell ) of the script is it is not possible but it will show in the checkout.
https://github.com/jeffharrell/minicart/issues/66
Hi BC - yes, just read through that, haven't yet been able to get PayPal to show the GST at even checkout using the minicart, if that's what you're referring to? Thanks heaps for your endeavours mate and assistance - greatly appreciated. 8)
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi Colin no I was referring to when you click on checkout in the Minicart and it takes you to PayPal the tax should then display... If it doesn't then please try this just using the PayPal Button set it up as normal ie add a item, price, tax etc etc then check to see if the button passes all the info to the PayPal checkout and let me know I have tried this and it works so it safe to say that the PayPal button in WB is working correct....
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

BaconFries wrote:Hi Colin no I was referring to when you click on checkout in the Minicart and it takes you to PayPal the tax should then display... If it doesn't then please try this just using the PayPal Button set it up as normal ie add a item, price, tax etc etc then check to see if the button passes all the info to the PayPal checkout and let me know I have tried this and it works so it safe to say that the PayPal button in WB is working correct....
Hi BC - Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes, I've assessed that, the Mini Cart does not pass the GST, nor does it appear externally in PayPal, and yes, the std WB PayPal dialogue/button works fine.
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Ok before I turn in. So I think it safe to say that the PayPal button is passing the tax it is simply not displaying it in the minicart output. Now you may need to set the tax amount in the PayPal account first and I believe that the tax will be added to the final payment once the user logs in or enters there details at checkout to pay. Maybe you can do a test using the sandbox this allows you to fully test without actually making a payment...right time to hot the hay...
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

BaconFries wrote:Ok before I turn in. So I think it safe to say that the PayPal button is passing the tax it is simply not displaying it in the minicart output. Now you may need to set the tax amount in the PayPal account first and I believe that the tax will be added to the final payment once the user logs in or enters there details at checkout to pay. Maybe you can do a test using the sandbox this allows you to fully test without actually making a payment...right time to hot the hay...
Yes agreed on the std PayPal button. Yup checked, the account has GST added. Will give the Sandbox a go and advise. Again thanks for your help and engagement BC - so much appreciated - sleep deep my friend :D
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia