Client Paypal Registration Issues?

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
ColinM

Client Paypal Registration Issues?

Post by ColinM »

Hi All,

Whilst of course not a direct WB question, I am sure there is vast experience regarding this issue...

I have a new website client, they wish to sell wines via their website.

They will be using paypal for their HTTPS payment gateway.

I asked the client to register with PayPal using the Web Payments option (https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/a ... nts-online)

This is what I have received from my Client:
..., it has become clear after all day trying that I cannot open a pay pal account easily,
They need birth certs, passport, drivers licence, proof of address (not PO Box where all our stuff goes), partnership agreements, trust deeds, bank accounts
it has become all too hard.
Am I pointing the client in the wrong area, has PayPal become more stringent with registering? I know PayPal constantly change the rules and it's been a while since I did an ecommerce site, but the last ones were easy...
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
[RZ]

Re: Client Paypal Registration Issues?

Post by [RZ] »

if we are talking about signing up for a business account, an active bank account should be enough
if your homebanking transactions are "live-updatable" the verification process is done within minutes; otherwise usually could be done within 24-48 hs (72 hs maximum)
further data is required when an extra verification must be done due to fraud suspicious or a fraud in the past related to some/same ip, address, name, mail, etc
i've been asked a few years ago to do this (in a totally different system) because i was travelling and i signed in from an unknown connection to do a transaction (signup and signin processes were done from different locations), this was considered a suspicious transaction or a fraud intent :?
anyhow and although the not nice situation, i felt "happy" and confident due to all the extra required verifications...
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

[RZ] wrote:if we are talking about signing up for a business account, an active bank account should be enough
if your homebanking transactions are "live-updatable" the verification process is done within minutes; otherwise usually could be done within 24-48 hs (72 hs maximum)
further data is required when an extra verification must be done due to fraud suspicious or a fraud in the past related to some/same ip, address, name, mail, etc
i've been asked a few years ago to do this (in a totally different system) because i was travelling and i signed in from an unknown connection to do a transaction (signup and signin processes were done from different locations), this was considered a suspicious transaction or a fraud intent :?
anyhow and although the not nice situation, i felt "happy" and confident due to all the extra required verifications...
Thank you RZ - was thinking of sending you an email, but decided to put this out globally - good that you answered first - will be visiting the client in 2 days time to set up their pop/smtp emails in their email application delivery client - so will go through it then 8)
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

well, all the process should be easy enough
sometimes, some people tends to overdimension the verification process :)
i never had an issue with paypal, all my problems were related to protect my credit card and i solved all with just one phone call
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

[RZ] wrote:well, all the process should be easy enough
sometimes, some people tends to overdimension the verification process :)
i never had an issue with paypal, all my problems were related to protect my credit card and i solved all with just one phone call
Yes, that was one of my considerations - will asses that (my) Thursday morning when I see my Client. Again, thank you my friend.
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

:)