Which Ecommerce Solution?

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
[RZ]

Re: Which Ecommerce Solution?

Post by [RZ] »

yes it has per item charges, per unit or units bunches, different delivery options/costs for different products, etc...
as you right said, is just a demo, internally, you can do many combinations/configurations
anyhow i just suggested the op a link to view and if applies, to ask questions
give him some time to think about all the available options :)
zinc

Post by zinc »

HORIZON wrote:I always look at carts (any cart) from the viewpoint of an end user, as well as to the site owner. After all, none of us are buying things from our own sites.. :shock:
This is where you are wrong! As a designer & developer you SHOULD buy from yourself to test out all the functionalities of your site. That's why PayPal has SandBox option.
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

of course there is information in the site, just visit the developers' area for more technical info
however, users can ask further questions if there is something not fully explained
anyway thanks for the suggestion
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Hi Guys - sorry for the delay in responding - been insanely busy with all sorts of things...
adex1 wrote:Hi,

Check my signature for Alternative eCommerce extension by one of the strong member of this forum.
Hi Adex will check that out.
HORIZON wrote:Hi Colin. I looked at a few e-commerce solutions to use with WWB, but found George's Webshop Plus was the only one that allowed me to calculate the shipping cost BEFORE going out to PayPal. The Smartcart and Nopcart extensions fail miserably in that respect, as few customers are realistically going to log into PayPal just to know what the shipping charges are. :(

With PayPal Express, if memory serves me correctly, it requires a correctly certificated SSL site, otherwise it 'falls over' during the checkout process, which is why I use standard PayPal as far less hassles.

There is a free javascript cart called Nopercart that allows you to set up shipping but that is a manual html entry for every product listed. Probably one of the best integrated cart solutions I have come across though, with a very sleek (and rapid) checkout.

I have moved onto responsive sites now and use Webshop plus with WWB10 and for the more product laden sites I use Opencart, although the latter ties you to rigid templates that limit you to tweaking colours rather than free design AND you have the added complexity of setting up SQL databases.
Hi HORIZON - Quite a considerable response - appreciate that mate! and I think you may be right with Paypal Express.
[RZ] wrote:
was the only one that allowed me to calculate the shipping cost BEFORE going out to PayPal
should be: the only one <<in the list you tested>> that allowed... etc
otherwise you are meaning that this option is not available in any other e-com solution ;) and fyi the extension i suggested in the link i provided to the op has this option :)
So yours does RZ?

Wow - so many choices - tough decision!
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

yes
adex1

Post by adex1 »

ColinM, good check it out. It is powerful than you think or comparing with others. Everything is manage at the backed CMS, you can add SEPA or Check or other gateway payments.
Buy Automation Shopping Cart for CMS WEBSHOP + 2.2 Using WB10!
- Use secure gateway to buy using PAYPAL website.
maxime

Post by maxime »

the Adex solution is more suitable (best solution) than the others suggestion because it is managed by a CMS.
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

OK guys - firstly, thank you HEAPS to EVERYONE that made the time and effort to contribute and offer their advice - it's VERY much appreciated.

I have respect for you all, and it's been a hard decision - made harder by the fact that I've had a fair bit to do with Navaldesign and RZ, so, with that in mind, especially given RZs excellent extensions and reputation for support I'll be going with RZ - will be in touch my friend.
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
zinc

Post by zinc »

Good choice Collin!!! Well done mate.
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

zinc wrote:Good choice Collin!!! Well done mate.
Cheers Zinc! 8)
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Hi RZ (wish we had tagging here and PMs)

In the absence of PMs in here, I've send you an email - used the magnamail one - hope thats right.

Chasing the EXACT link and description of what I have to buy (sorry, only doing websites part time now( and have very little) - so don't have time to read and decipher volumes of posts and links. :D

Also a confidential question on one of my staged clients.

Looking forward to your reply ! 8)
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

thank you for your kind mail
(you will be receiving an answer today, even i have ready an extra demo that can be useful for the proposed case)
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

[RZ] wrote:thank you for your kind mail
(you will be receiving an answer today, even i have ready an extra demo that can be useful for the proposed case)
awesome RZ - thanks Mate!
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
DavidQ

Post by DavidQ »

Hi Colin,

I am looking into the current WWB ecommerce options for an upcoming project and wondered how you got on with your project? Did your choice of cart work out well for you? I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts.

Cheers,

David
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

DavidQ wrote:Hi Colin,

I am looking into the current WWB ecommerce options for an upcoming project and wondered how you got on with your project? Did your choice of cart work out well for you? I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts.

Cheers,

David
Hi David,

Thanks for your interest. There ARE lot of options and I found it most difficult to decide. I bought RZ's solution, but I haven't been able to find the time to delve into it to the extent that I feel I need to (more a reflection on what I need to invest in understanding it than what looks like a good product). As time was against me with the Client, as is often the case and they didn't want to pay for an imbedded PayPal solution - I went for the std PayPal product, supplementing it with Pablo's Paypal MiniCart 1.0.0 extension - you can see it in action HERE, a website with a design very much driven by the Client. :)
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
DavidQ

Post by DavidQ »

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your reply. Yes there are a lot of options! It's a bit of a research black hole and I'm still investigating. :)

Cheers,

David
zinc

Post by zinc »

@DavidQ - If I may interject here:

RZ's Suite is a comprehensive suit that is designed for a uniformed designed site. It integrates beautifully with WWB and only at the point of checkout the user is directed to PayPal. It has an array of options for every situation and I am an avid user of myself. So I highly recommend this.
DavidQ

Post by DavidQ »

Hi zinc,

Your interjection is most welcome. :) I am currently communicating with RZ and his pre-sales support is certainly fast and helpful. I really like the idea of a WWB integrated cart system and it is good to hear of your positive experience with RZ's suite.

Cheers,

David
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

DavidQ wrote:Hi Colin,

Thanks for your reply. Yes there are a lot of options! It's a bit of a research black hole and I'm still investigating. :)

Cheers,

David
You're welcome David - and agreed - Zinc's avid promotion of RZ's solution is not ruled out :lol:
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
zinc

Post by zinc »

@davidQ - drop me a line (kubikvision [at] gmail.com) should you need further advise. :D
@Collin - :D
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

Zinc's avid promotion of RZ's solution is not ruled out
@colin, this really does not sound good, anyway i do not take it personal but lets say 'humorously'
take into account that zinc is not an easy client (and i mean it!), not less than the 70% of the introduced changes were made possible thanks to his avid and constant brain-pecking
@zinc, take it easy, i'm just joking about you
DavidQ

Post by DavidQ »

Thanks all for your comments.

@zinc - also thanks for your offer of advice. I may just take you up on it.

@[RZ] - I'm glad to hear you don't mind a bit of 'brain-pecking' because there may be some more questions to follow from me next week. :)
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

i was just joking about the pecking
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

[RZ] wrote:
Zinc's avid promotion of RZ's solution is not ruled out
@colin, this really does not sound good, anyway i do not take it personal but lets say 'humorously'
take into account that zinc is not an easy client (and i mean it!), not less than the 70% of the introduced changes were made possible thanks to his avid and constant brain-pecking
@zinc, take it easy, i'm just joking about you
Ha Ha RZ - yup, I can definitely relate to Client's that are, as you say "not easy" - that test us - but that's often a good thing! :D
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia