shipping costs

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
bry

shipping costs

Post by bry »

I need to specify shipping cost when the order is placed using UPS, FEDex, and USPS when the cost is different for different zip codes (i.e., both UPS and FEDex).

The client has complained that the store they use currently via their current company is not accurate.

I don't think plain paypal can handle that can it? Is there a store that can accurately figure out the different cost for shipping to different states?

Thanks
BaconFries

Re: shipping costs

Post by BaconFries »

Hi bry I think PayPal maybe able to handle this but from my understanding you will also need n account for UPS. A couple of links on UPS Connecting my UPS to Paypal UPS Developer Kit

For everything you are requiring it would need a ecoomerce script using a database for all the zipcodes etc. I done a quick look for you and thi looks really complex as many states have many various zip codes including zip box codes for towns, suburbs etc... Good luck with this
bry

Post by bry »

Thanks BaconFries,

How does everyone handle this - when you need to ship via UPS or FedEx???

Thanks,
bry
bry

Post by bry »

This is the email I received from UPS: (very similar to your info BaconFries)

Thank you for your inquiry. UPS offers API to integrate into your own application, to allow UPS functionality (i.e rates, labels, international tools, ,etc). This will allow you to perform what you are requesting. To use the UPS APIs, you are required to have a MyUPS registration, UPS account number, and Access Key. All of which are created on UPS.com. If this is what you are looking to do:

Go to UPS.com

Hover over Support

Select Technology Support

Select UPS Developer Kit

This will provide you additional information. Also you can select Developer Resource Center on the left of the page to see even more detail.

On the UPS Developer Kit page you will find the names of the APIs offered by UPS. Selecting on the API name will give you the option to download the specific guide/documentation for that API. The documentation provide sample codes, code structure, requirements, etc. to provide to your programmer or application developer.

Please contact us if you need any additional assistance.

Zamillion L.
UPS Technical Support

Visit the UPS Developer Kit Community to access API support materials and share best practices and programming tips at http://developerkitcommunity.ups.com.

The information provided by United Parcel Service (UPS) technical support is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. UPS disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall United Parcel Service, Inc. or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if United Parcel Service or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages so the foregoing limitation may not apply.

(c) 2014 United Parcel Service of America, Inc.
bry

Post by bry »

Sheesh, this is not working. PayPal doesn't know how to integrate UPS and I can't reach a real person with UPS.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi bry, Ok I havent every had to use UPS so I cant really say how to integrate it. With this said you may be able to do something like this, make a combobox with all the states in it, include the shipping cost per state this would got from UPS, this could vary depending on weight of item but would be set if item getting sent to all states is equal weight. Once you have this you can use it in the PayPal button the shipping would not be added in the button itself as it would be getting called from the combobox when the userselects the state. Sorry I cant really help more, now dont quote me you may be able to use the Webshop in WB for this might be best if you contact Navaldesign on this as he may have a solution for use albeit a paid method if needed.
bry

Post by bry »

Thanks BaconFries,

I have always been impressed with Navaldesign and would be happy to pay him for his services. I will try to find the best way to contact him.

thanks again,

bry