Resolving caching issues in Firefox

Do you want to share WYSIWYG Web Builder tips, tricks, tutorials or useful HTML code? You can post it here...
(no questions or problems please, this section is not monitored by support).
Forum rules
This section is to share tips, tricks and tutorials related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Please do not post questions or problems here. They will not be answered.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
alan_sh

Resolving caching issues in Firefox

Post by alan_sh »

If you have been having caching issues - e.g. you upload a new page but it doesn't appear to change when you review it in Firefox), you can follow these instructions to disable it. It worked for me.

(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

(2) In the search box in the page, type or paste cache and pause while the list is filtered

(3) Double-click the browser.cache.disk.enable preference to switch the value from true to false

To change back later, return to this preference and double-click to toggle it back to true.
tlsel

Re: Resolving caching issues in Firefox

Post by tlsel »

Hi. This may help with my problem in Firefox. Any suggests for Chrome?

Thanks to Pablo I've been able to hunt and peck my way into creating a decent looking website (am not a technical person). However, when making changes I find myself to clear cache and refresh Firefox & Chrome each time I make any slight change. Otherwise, the prior preview/publish remains displayed.

Have to go through 2 or 3 steps for each browser after every preview or publish attempt. Is this normal? In 8 hours today, I must have gone thru the multistep settings_-> privacy --> clear data --> are you sure?--> refresh 100+ times. My wrist is about to fall off!

Thanks!
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

tlsel wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:32 am Hi. This may help with my problem in Firefox. Any suggests for Chrome?

Thanks to Pablo I've been able to hunt and peck my way into creating a decent looking website (am not a technical person). However, when making changes I find myself to clear cache and refresh Firefox & Chrome each time I make any slight change. Otherwise, the prior preview/publish remains displayed.

Have to go through 2 or 3 steps for each browser after every preview or publish attempt. Is this normal? In 8 hours today, I must have gone thru the multistep settings_-> privacy --> clear data --> are you sure?--> refresh 100+ times. My wrist is about to fall off!

Thanks!
A related thread which may help.
viewtopic.php?p=486103
tlsel

Post by tlsel »

Thanks WWB.

I turned on cache busting but problem still exists. Can someone tell me when working in WWB, you make a change and then preview. Does everyone always have to clear their cache or refresh browsers to get the preview to be current with the last modification you just made in WWB?
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

I don't see this issue. I use Firefox.

Alan
tlsel

Post by tlsel »

Happens to me on Chrome & Firefox. Each change requires to clear cache and then refresh. No extensions are enabled.

Am I the only one with this problem?
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

Browser extensions can also be used to do it too.

For chrome use this extension
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... obdnjjikfp

And for Firefox
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... sing-data/
tlsel

Post by tlsel »

Thanks, WonderfulL. I look forward to trying those!
miguelss

Post by miguelss »

Hi folks,

For Edge browser, this extension are awesome.
Only one click and kill cache on the desire website (no affect to others).
Clear Cache: https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/add ... opfelcbifo

Enjoy it :D
M.
tlsel

Post by tlsel »

thanks Miguel, but Edge is disabled on our systems because it takes over everything.