I stopped getting form submissions in Gmail.

Issues related to forms.
samcim

I stopped getting form submissions in Gmail.

Post by samcim »

I have set up a form (via from wizard) a while ago, with a @gmail.com email address for the email submissions. it worked fine untill the last few weeks it stopped working, i.e I'm not getting any emails from WB forms in my Gmail inbox or spam folder.
Did anyone else have this issue and can recommend how to resolve this?

Thanks!
Pablo

Re: I stopped getting form submissions in Gmail.

Post by Pablo »

The form script does not have an email filter and also does not suddenly stop working.
If you did not change anything yourself then this is most likely related to the server.

It may help you set a fixed 'from address' in the form's properties.
In some cases, this must be an email address with the same domain as the website.

gofrank

Post by gofrank »

I have experienced the same thing both for my personal web sites and on those of my clients. For reasons best known to them, GMail begins to reject emails that repeatedly contain the same information. These rejections don't end up in spam, they just disappear. If you Google this problem, you'll see others have also experienced it.
Billing clients for your freelance work? Try Minute-2-Minute, the project management, timing, and billing system. Perfect for web developers who charge by the hour. FREE 45-day trial.
samcim

Post by samcim »

Thank you Pablo for your prompt response as always.
I tried it with a different email address, and it seems that the issue is with Gmail, I'm getting them with other email providers.
This is strange.

I wonder how this can be resolved with Gmail!

Thanks gofrank
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

If any of the other email addresses are from the likes of (free) Yahoo, Hotmail etc then you may experience the same with them after a few weeks also. Host generally don't like the use of "Free" email addresses for the reason they are used to spam so hence why it preferred that a domain email is used. So with said you will will need to use the email address from your host rather than Gmail or any of the other "Free" emails.