Message form emails not received in Microsoft Office 365 but received in free gmail and yahoo mail accounts

Issues related to forms.
Makintosh

Message form emails not received in Microsoft Office 365 but received in free gmail and yahoo mail accounts

Post by Makintosh »

Hi! I have along standing problem with a client website where message form emails are not received in Microsoft Office 365 accounts. They do work fine with gmail, yahoo mail, icloud mail and GoDaddy's webmail.

If I use the MS O365 accounts for sending or receiving the forms using the built in processor, even if I CC and BCC gmail, yahoo mail and other email accounts, no messages are sent or received in any of them. Same goes if I use O365's SMTP setting.

But if I use the gmail, yahoo mail, icloud mail and the web host's email whether in conjunction with the form's built-in processor or the web host's SMTP, emails are sent and received, except for those under O365 and MS Outlook.

I reached out to GoDaddy and was advised that the domain name's email is handled by MS Office 365 and the issue is at their end. A Microsoft service advisor is also in touch but we can't figure out what's causing the message forms from getting received. I tried all possible configuration settings and combination in the PHP processor. The O365 account is being administered by the client's outsourced IT and I'm not privy to access the setting on their Microsoft account. The IT guy doesn't have much know-how in web development. Likewise, I'm no expert in MS enterprise systems.

The save to CSV function is enabled and that's the only way for now that we can check messages left by site visitors. Worst case is for the client to dump the paid O365 and revert back to the web host's email server or their IT guy can find a way to use the CSV file securely and conveniently for the end users.

I've gone through the instructions on how to set up the PHP form. I've used this in several other websites before and all work fine, except now with the MS O365 accounts.

I wondering if anyone had a similar issue and what advise or solution can be taken.
Pablo

Re: Message form emails not received in Microsoft Office 365 but received in free gmail and yahoo mail accounts

Post by Pablo »

I doubt that this has anything to do with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
The emails are sent by the server via standard PHP functionality.
WYSIWYG Web Builder makes no difference in what email addresses you use.

To solve this you will have to look at the server side and find out if the emails are really not sent and why.
Makintosh

Re: Message form emails not received in Microsoft Office 365 but received in free gmail and yahoo mail accounts

Post by Makintosh »

I believe so too that the issue is not in WWB. As mentioned before, I had deployed the same setup in other websites with zero issues. I'm hoping that someone else here might have experienced and same issue and was able to find a solution to share.
MGD4me

Post by MGD4me »

First, check to see if the 'missing' email might be in the SPAM or JUNK folder.

Your problem could be the result of a "trust" issue between your server and MS. You probably need to be sending email from your server using an existing email account with your domain. In addition, your outgoing email will be more successful if using SMTP SSL options.
Makintosh

Post by Makintosh »

Hi MGD4me!

We checked if the messages were going to spam every time settings were changed but there was nothing there. Its as if the emails are getting blocked right from the source from getting received.

The "trust" issue is the one we suspect also but both the client's IT guy and the MS advisor can't figure our yet how to solve it. From my end I've tried all possible settings in the PHP processor, even those I know don't matter hoping I'd hit a lucky strike. Sending email from an account with the same domain and using the web host's SMTP works, except for those under the O365 accounts. Likewise with just using the built-in processor. But using any email under O365 for sending and/or using its SMTP settings both in SSL and TLS won't send anything at all.
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

Microsoft email is problematic at times. I've had vendors on this forum send me files to my MS account and they never show up anywhere in the system. Have them send to my gmail account and they pop right up in the inbox, not spam or anywhere else. So something on the MS end is causing a problem and their support is of no help. Good luck.
Makintosh

Post by Makintosh »

Hi bkjohns!

Sounds exactly like the issue we have. The MS service advisor and the client's IT guy seem out of ideas. The MS service adviser keeps calling me at 2AM (knowing well I'm not in the same time zone) when I already told her I don't have access to the MS account and I have done every test and setting change from my end as instructed. Anyhow, glad that the issue is not with WWB or with the host but sad the client has to endure the long wait for a solution and I have to keep on checking the csv file every so often for messages from visitors.

Still hoping someone else here had the same issue and was able to find a solution.