Submitting Form

Issues related to forms.
trevorm

Submitting Form

Post by trevorm »

Hi,

I have a form on my web site which has been performing perfectly for a long time but suddenly it now present an error "Please Use Text Input" and fails to submit. I have reset all fields temporarily to not require an input and if submitted empty, the form sumbits without issue but the fields are empty in the databasre of course. If I complete the form, it still presents the same error message.

Can any one offer a potential cause of this error suddenly appearing
Pablo

Re: Submitting Form

Post by Pablo »

The page does not update itself, so something must have changed.
To be able to help you, I need to see what you have done.
trevorm

Post by trevorm »

As I said I have not changed anything nor uploaded any mods to the site and I am the only one with access to it. While waiting for a resonse from the forum, I individually emptied each field and have isolated the field causing the issue. It is a field set to require a text input and the input being added IS text. If I empty that field it submits perfectly. Setting the field the to data type "No Contraints" does not solve the problem. Thanks.
trevorm

Post by trevorm »

I have reloaded the form page again and resetting the field data type to "No Constraints" HAS resolved the problem. However, I would like to make it a text only data field any suggestions as to how I can achieve this with the aforementioned problem preventing it?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You can use the validation tools to make sure data is entered.
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/validation.html

If this does not work for you then I need to see your settings, because then there is most likely a conflict somewhere.