Signup form on GoDaddy and 2 emails

Issues related to forms.
bpecar

Signup form on GoDaddy and 2 emails

Post by bpecar »

I’ve seen some postings from 2013 about GoDaddy and how to handle forms. I assume that they moved on. Does anyone knows how to configure a signup form for GoDaddy servers, but the form should trigger two emails. One to the person signing the form and the other one to the web admin. I configured the MySQL so the form is accepted, but I cannot configure these two email responses.
BaconFries

Re: Signup form on GoDaddy and 2 emails

Post by BaconFries »

Setting multiple email addresses can be configured in the CC or BCC properties of the form. Look under More Form Processors Properties...
bpecar

Post by bpecar »

Many thanks. This helps. What about the specifics as far as GoDaddy is concerned. How do I configure email response? Anything special about the way GoDaddy handles this?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I think GoDadday now handles forms like any other host.
So, all the built-in tools should work.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

For the likes of getting a response to the email then you can use the 'auto responder' option. This can be found at the following
Form Processing -> Advanced -> Auto Responder
Read from the help for further information.
bpecar

Post by bpecar »

Many thanks.
bpecar

Post by bpecar »

Spent the whole day trying to get it to work, but no luck. When I sign in, I receive an email as a person who signed in, but my admin account does not receive a copy of the mail. Tried everything possible, nothing works. I hope that somebody hit the same problem with GoDaddy and that they found a solution. I would appreciate help with this.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

How exactly did you set this up?

Maybe the email ended up in your spam?
See also the FAQ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=32967
bpecar

Post by bpecar »

No, I checked spam. For signup form, under the Email Engine I have PHP Mailer ticked on and defined SMTP as the engine. The host details, encryption, username, password and authentication are exactly as per GoDaddy’s page (cPanel for my email).

The other form, which is a simple two fields form (full name and email address), under the Form Processing I again have PHP built in script ticket on and next to the email dress (when I click on More...) I have under CC the admin email and Reply to S $mailform. When I click on Advanced, I have auto responder ticked on With all the details and the Mail Engine is just simple mail.

The third form I have is a Feedbck form and it is configured as the one above, but this one does not work at all. What I mean to say is that it stores data in the feedback database, but no emails are sent out to neither the person who provided the feedback nor to me as an admin.

What am I doing wrong?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

If no emails are sent then this can only be a server related issue.

See also the FAQ "Emails are not arriving in my inbox":
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=32967
bpecar

Post by bpecar »

Just to close this posting regarding the forms on GoDaddy. What definitely works is by just ticking the PHP Mailer and do not try to configure SMTP. Just leave it blank. Most of my problems were caused by how slow PHP Mailer is to send the confirmation email. Nothing like normal mail server. As opposed to few seconds that normally takes to send an email, with PHP Mailer we are talking about a few minutes (could be up to 5 min).

The second difficulty that caused me some headache are spam filters. When I was testing my forms I used several different email addresses from several different service providers. Some put the email responses directly to spam/junk box and some have more sophisticated methods which are not immediately obvious (like reporting all spam once a day). Because of that it appeared that the forms do not generate the emails in a consistent manner, which sent me chasing my tail endlessly.

In summary, the forms in WYSIWYG work perfectly well with GoDaddy, but pay attention to the recipient side and be patient.
bpecar

Post by bpecar »

All the objects, such as login, etc. work, but admin no longer works. Although the page is saved as php, when you try to preview it, it shows html code, not the actual admin form. Am I the only one with this problem?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Although the page is saved as php, when you try to preview it, it shows html code, not the actual admin form.
Am I the only one with this problem?
There is no problem. The reason why you are seeing the HTML is because you cannot "Preview" PHP locally you are required to publish the page to your host/server that supports PHP before you can view. Also note the Amin page should have the page extension set to PHP and not HTML.
bpecar

Post by bpecar »

Sorry, this was stupid of me. In fact I got stuck because I was punching in the browser the wrong address for the php page. In any case, many thanks for responding so quickly.