Issue with action on advanced button

Issues related to forms.
Rodders

Issue with action on advanced button

Post by Rodders »

Hi, still relatively new to the software, but have completed my first site and very pleased. I'm almost finished my second site but have hit a problem - I'm certain that it's something I'm not doing or have a parameter incorrectly set! Basically the new site has 5 pages that are competition regs, when you ask for them they open in a new window. The pages are created using layout guides and are responsive. The issue I have is that there are two buttons at the foot of the page - one is a link to the online entry form (which will open in the same browser window) which works fine and the other is a simple "close" button, but I can't get it to work. I have created the last layout guide as a form and set the page to PHP. I'm using an advanced button and it's configured as onclick with the action of close current browser window. But it won't work. I have a feeling it may be my configuration of the form details - should I be using POST or GET and should the target be _self or _blank? Even though I'm not submitting a form I presume I still have to set to use the inbuilt PHP processor
You can see the output at www.styleprint.biz/test/charity_regs.php and the file is www.styleprint.biz/test/regs page.wbs

Any pointers greatfully accepted
Cheers
Nick
Pablo

Re: Issue with action on advanced button

Post by Pablo »

The close option only works if the Window was opened via JavaScript. This is a browser security limitation, and unrelated to WWB.

See also:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... ndow/close
Rodders

Re: Issue with action on advanced button

Post by Rodders »

Oh okay thanks, guess I've still got a lot to learn!