Submit Events

Issues related to forms.
Azz25

Submit Events

Post by Azz25 »

Hi,

Not sure if this is even possible but...

I am doing a website for a club that has different types of memberships. What I wanted to do is have a form go to a certain page depending on what type of membership is selected in a combo box. E.G. if Senior is selected it will take them to the Senior payment page.

If this isn't possible what would be the best way to do this for different types of membership which will have different amounts.

Aaron
Pablo

Re: Submit Events

Post by Pablo »

Can't you just use a page with a menu for the first selection?
For example, create a page with a go menu with links pointing to the correct member ship form pages.
Azz25

Post by Azz25 »

I was going to have buttons for each type of membership but before the payment page is a membership form to fill in. I would have to have 6 pages pretty much identical for each membership type then.

The membership form is the same for each type the only thing that is different is the cost.

Aaron
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I think that any other method will require a script to process the selection.
Azz25

Post by Azz25 »

Thought so.

Would there be a way of using the PayPal functions and a form so the form is completed and the user clicks the paypal button, it send the form and forwards to the correct paypal item to pay.

Aaron
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You can convert a PayPal button to a standard form with 'Convert to form' in the context menu.
But I think you will need some kind of script to make the selection.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Would there be a way of using the PayPal functions and a form so the form is completed and the user clicks the paypal button, it send the form and forwards to the correct paypal item to pay.
It may be possible using a PayPal button converted to a Form. Take a look at a example of a PayPal form in Form Controls->Form Wizard->PayPal - Price Options notice that it uses a Combobox with three different price selections, instead of using Price Option 1 etc this could be changed to suit what you need eg Senior->Juniors etc. Note this is just a example when converting the PayPal button to a form you would need to implement this into it as you cannot place/insert a Form in a Form. Also I think there is a limit to how many select/options (price) can be used (6) in a Combobox by PayPal if so you will need to look a another way. Note this is not a issue with WB but PayPal.