Not Good Result When Preview

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
mentalizzz

Not Good Result When Preview

Post by mentalizzz »

Dear Pablo and friends,

I want to make a simple, clean and light responsive website which consist of only overlay menu, a picture per page and text. I do not want to use layout grid so i can freely edit the content of every breakpoints. When working with the default page, I used snap so every object can be tied together neatly. Text objects are using 10 paddings. But when I was previewing the page via firefox, the default page was not centered and also for almost every breakpoints. Text objects were collided one after another as if I am only using one big text object or a huge paragraph.

How to make "what i see is what i get" for my project. I need help to solve this problem. Below I already uploaded the screenshots and save file.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Pablo

Re: Not Good Result When Preview

Post by Pablo »

Please see this related FAQ about text in fixed/absolute layouts.
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=34318
mentalizzz

Post by mentalizzz »

Thank you Pablo for your super fast reply. I will try to learn about this from the link you gave to me. Please don't close this thread just in case when I still have the same problem.
mentalizzz

Post by mentalizzz »

I am sorry to say this, but all the guide about font and most of it did not work in my project. I already read and tried the guide but still the space in each paragraph was not consistent and different in size. Maybe you can check my newest save file once again and see for yourself and please give me instructions based on what you see in my project. What I want is very simple, I just want the first text object has the same gap or size size with the second text object below it and so on and so on without using layout grid. Sorry for bother you Pablo, because I have low level of understanding about this web design field.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I suggest to include line-height to get more control over the layout of the text.
mentalizzz

Post by mentalizzz »

I am about to do that but so confuse what number to fill the box. Do you have suggestion?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I meant, select "Include line-height in text styles"
See also:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=34318

You can also manually specify the line height, but this value depends on the selected font.
You can start by using 1.0 and increase the value in steps of 0.1 to see what works best for you.
mentalizzz

Post by mentalizzz »

Okay understood so right click the text object then choose Object Properties > General > Output Format > I choose "Include line-height in text styles" that automatically will trigger "Enable Responsive Font", right? And also I can try by manually fill the "Line-height" box start from 1 and increase it little by little by 0.1.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I choose "Include line-height in text styles" that automatically will trigger "Enable Responsive Font", right?
No, 'Enable Responsive Font' is a separate setting. It allows you to use different font for different screen sizes.