Make Home button has disappeared

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
ALWAYSLEARNING

Make Home button has disappeared

Post by ALWAYSLEARNING »

Not sure why the Make Home button has disappeared from the explore window under the publishing section. When I press on the explore button, the Make Home button shows up for a split second, then it vanishes. I am using ver 16 if that makes a difference. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Pablo

Re: Make Home button has disappeared

Post by Pablo »

This option is only available for standard FTP, not for Secure FTP because this uses a third party library.
ALWAYSLEARNING

Post by ALWAYSLEARNING »

Thanks Pablo for your reply!

When you say " Secure FTP" do you just mean SFTP using SSH2 only or do you also include the other FTP with TLS/SSL options? Reason I ask is, because I used FTP with TLS/SSL under ver15 (which I thought was a secure connection), and I was able to select the remote folder (using the Make Home button) on my addon domain as the root directory.

My question now is how do I select the remote folder for my addon domain?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

When you say " Secure FTP" do you just mean SFTP using SSH2 only or do you also include the other FTP with TLS/SSL options?
Both these options used third party functionality, so therefor the 'Make Home' button is not available.

But you can still set the remote folder manually in the publish settings.
ALWAYSLEARNING

Post by ALWAYSLEARNING »

Thank you, and one more question ( just to make sure I understand you correctly). Can this third party functionality be available to us end users in the form of plugin?
ALWAYSLEARNING

Post by ALWAYSLEARNING »

Never mind, I realized that my question made no sense :oops: . Thank you for your help!