White Flashing Background Light In Preview

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
TarotPerSe

White Flashing Background Light In Preview

Post by TarotPerSe »

I am trying to build my website but when I go to PREVIEW I am getting this white kind of background flash for a second before my actual webpages appears. This is happening on every page to click on. I thought maybe there was a white layer behind my pages but there is none but the original Page Properties canvas. Then I was thinking well maybe I have to uninstall the program then re-install again to see if this changes. I don't know. I have had many of this same kind of Web builder software in the past and never had this problem. It is annoying to see this white flash pop out before my actual website. And hoping this does not happen when my site actually does get published and online. I just recently bought this program and I know it is fairly new program. So I don't know if this is the case too. My site is not online yet since it is still in the developing stage. Any help is most appreciated. :(

Thank you
Jeannine
Pablo

Re: White Flashing Background Light In Preview

Post by Pablo »

Maybe the website's background is white and you have used a background image that takes some time to load?
To be able to help you, I need to see what you have done.
Please always include the URL to the page or a demo project.
TarotPerSe

Post by TarotPerSe »

Good Morning and thank you for responding. Ok my website back ground is not white it has a layered image. My website is not online yet to send an URL. Website is still in developing stages. Just I wanted to see how it looks liked so far and looking at the site always have this white flashing light for a second before my actual page shows up. How can I send you what I have done already so you can see what is happening, since my site is not online yet.

Thank you
Jeannine
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

As you do not have a url at the moment then please share a copy of your project the .wbs file. You can upload this to the likes of Mediafire and then provide the generated url. Before doing so please read the following.
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=82134
TarotPerSe

Post by TarotPerSe »

file:///C:/Users/jmora/AppData/Local/Temp/preview/index.html
I don't know any other way for you to see the site. It is not uploaded to the internet yet.
Thank you
Jeannine
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

That won't work as it's pointing to your local disk drive, which we can't see.

Alan
TarotPerSe

Post by TarotPerSe »

Where do I get this wbf. file. Can't find it anywhere. The one i have in my documents is just images?
Thank you
Jeannine
TarotPerSe

Post by TarotPerSe »

And what is the likes of Mediafire?
TarotPerSe

Post by TarotPerSe »

Ok I found the problem! I have an image layered background with a parallax effects. When I remove it and just use a solid background color it works fine. I also tried using the texture and it is doing the same thing, the white flash. So I guess I can't use any of the effects in this program because it would cause this white flash. And this is a real bummer since I was hoping to use the parallax effects on my site. It looked good with the image background. So now I guess I am back to the drawing board in trying to create a new design. Not a happy camper with this software program.

Thank you
Jeannine
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

@Jeannine

This is the best software out there. Trust me. There is certainly something wrong in your settings. The project file you open WB is the .wbs file. Can you email me your project file? I'd be happy to take a look at it. My email is ron@wizbangwebdesign.com
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

This isn't entirely related to the use of the effects in the software it can also be seen pages not created by the software. When you see a white flash onload of a page it is really down to the order of contents being loaded this includes the scripts (JavaScript / jQuery) css, images plus the HTML.

Now on occasions some scripts require to be between the <head> here </head> for loading purposes and others require to be between the <body> here </body> The software has many settings to allow you to control how the scripts, css are used and displayed from being set as external or in page to as mentioned between the head tags or body tags.

I would recommend that you check these and where possible reset to there default (unchecked).
Go to Tools>Option>HTML and look for the following:
Generate external JS file for page specific scripts
Move JavaScript to the end of the page
Move external CSS style sheets to the end of the page

If you still have issues then please share a copy of your project.
TarotPerSe

Post by TarotPerSe »

To late. I already uninstalled the program, but later was thinking the same thing, With the CSS. But when I went to re-install, I no longer have the link to re-install again. I am back using the 15 version of this software. I know the software is good. I have used it for as long as I can remember Greg Hughes had it. But all in all no more white flashes. I made one long layer and put a color background so I can put some images on it at least. After I solved the first white flash problem, the other images were doing the same thing. I am just hoping I can do the responsive on all 3 settings.
I am back to the drawing board.
Thank you
Jeannine
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

@Jeannine
There is nothing wrong with the software. Trust Us. It only gets better and better every year, but the thing is we all are asking for a demo file so you can send it and we can fix it. Do not be afraid of being data theft it is well protected. No information will be disclosed or dishonored in any way or shape be performed. The version 16 is the ultimate for this year until the next year version comes. So on behalf of my fellow members and my personal recommendation I urge you to install the version 16 and give us the opportunity to help you.