****SOLVED****Preview not loading

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
tremara

****SOLVED****Preview not loading

Post by tremara »

Since ver 16 I have been having an issue with the preview of a new project not loading in browser...It flashes a dialog box then nothing......I have tried on projects I saved in ver 15 and it worked but the new one created in 16 no preview. It is just a test site I am working on with 1 page a layout grid and some cards....any clues??...thanks Trev
Last edited by tremara on Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
tremara

Re: Preview not loading

Post by tremara »

A little more info if I preview in default browser(Chrome) I get the flash of a dialog box and nothing if I use preview in Chrome option I get the browser with loading error..."index.html’s server IP address could not be found."....Trev
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Note that preview is standard Windows functionality.
If this does not work then most likely the 'html' extension on your computer is not correctly configured.

See this related tutorial:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/preview.html

This has not changed in WB16 and works the same as in previous versions.
tremara

Post by tremara »

I am a bit confused the projects I have that do preview seem to be generating code to different folders eg. one generates to file:///D:/webTemp/index.html
another generates to file:///C:/Users/trema/AppData/Local/Temp/preview/index.html
and another I did generated the site but did not display so I am not sure where it wrote the site.
Where do you set this temp file location?? I think this is where I am having issues....Trev
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Maybe you have changed the preview location in Tools - > Options -> Files & Folders ?
tremara

Post by tremara »

Spot on Pablo..I set a folder and it worked......thanks Trev.....