Font size changed in source?

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
developer

Font size changed in source?

Post by developer »

Pablo,

I got a new W10 box and installed the latest version 14.3.3. I moved all my site sources over (from 14.3.2) and installed the required extensions. They were in the system folder but they didn't get "picked up" when I set the path to system on the new box, so I reinstalled whatever each site needed.

All seems to open properly now, but I have one significant issue...

The font size changed in the source for many of the text objects in files. I've inserted an actual sample below.

I checked the option settings in both installations to make sure they matched.

Is there something that needs to be done so that I don't have to go through all my sites and change text sizes?

Perhaps there is an option setting I've missed on the new install or these were text objects without a specific size definition and they were using a default value?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

(Here is some actual source)
ORIGINAL, OPENED IN 14.3.2:
<div id="wb_online_museum_teaser_text" style="">
<span style="color:#000000;font-family:Arial;font-size:16px;line-height:18px;">Start by visiting our Museum's exhibits!</span>
</div>

SAME FILE WHEN OPENED IN 14.3.3:
<div id="wb_online_museum_teaser_text" style="">
<span style="color:#000000;font-family:Arial;font-size:24px;line-height:27px;">Start by visiting our Museum's exhibits!</span>
</div>
Last edited by developer on Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pablo

Re: Font size changed in source?

Post by Pablo »

This is most likely related to the DPI settings of your computer.
If the DPI is different than your old computer then Windows may render the text larger (or smaller).
In Tools -> Options -> User Interface, you can enable High DPI support (requires restart).
If that does not work then your computer may override this functionality. In that case you can edit the settings in the Windows compatibility properties.
developer

Re: Font size changed in source?

Post by developer »

That is definitely where the problem is coming from. I'm going to have to play around with it to get it right.

Thanks.