Preview in browser not loading completely

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
Thepaac

Preview in browser not loading completely

Post by Thepaac »

I have updated my website and posted new information. I added another menu item in the menu bar and I have come up with two issues.
1. When I try to preview the website, it starts to load the files but stops after a few seconds.
2. The second issue, as I said I added a new item to the menu bar. In the default mode, it's fine, but in the tablet and smartphone modes, the menu bar is overlaid the top part of the "master header"
How can I correct these issues?
Pablo

Re: Preview in browser not loading completely

Post by Pablo »

To be able to help you, I need a DEMO project so I can see all your settings.

Note: I do not need the complete project because that will only take more time to figure out what you have done.
Basically, I just need a small project with one page and object(s) that are relevant to your question.

Please see this FAQ for further details:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134
Thepaac

Post by Thepaac »

Per your request my website is paacaz.com. You need to open any page, then try to preview it to see the first problem. If you view the site in 320px or 768px you will see the menu atop the master header, that is the second issue. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Note that I was asking for your project file (wbs), because I cannot see what you have done based on the published page.

However, it looks like you have used invalid names for your images, like spaces in the filename. This may cause problems with the browser or server.
Related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=131

If you need further assistance ten I will need a DEMO project
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134

I do not need the complete project because that will only take more time to figure out what you have done.
Basically, I just need a small project with one page and object(s) that are relevant to your question.
Thepaac

Post by Thepaac »

Excuse me for my ignorance, how do I send a .wbs file? and where do I find them?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Step 1
Create a DEMO project (this is the .wbs file, created by the software)

Step 2
Upload the file to your website or another public server

Step 3
Include the link on your post
Thepaac

Post by Thepaac »

I'm not sure I did this right, I created a project file and published it to paacaz.com. The issue I have is when I go to preview the file, it does not load completely.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Where do we need to look for the url to download the requested project? When it is asked to provide a demo project it is not a url to your site but a copy of the .wbs file itself. Do do so by simply providing a basic copy of the .wbs remove all extensions /custom code /scripts then add to the likes of zip file. Upload this to your own site and provide a url in the form of http://www.yoursitename.com/demoproject.zip
Thepaac

Post by Thepaac »

I created a project file to demonstrate that the preview in browser is not loading. In the original file, I marked do not publish this page on all the pages of my website, allowing(I thought) the demo file to load onto my site. However, it does not load, and in fact, the website does not change from the original, even after marking all the pages as do not publish. I'm wondering if my improper attempt to move the "web builder" program to my new computer is the reason it's now not working?
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

You've got two things wrong.

1. Even though you said 'don't publish' a page, it would still be on your web site from a previous publish. WWB doesn't delete files.
2. You have to manually copy the .WBS file to a public folder. Publishing from within WWB will only produce .html files which is not what pablo is after.

Have a read of the page that Pablo showed - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134

Alan