Web page not updating after successfully publishing

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
tcturner

Web page not updating after successfully publishing

Post by tcturner »

Made a change to a file link with WYSIWYG 17. Published the change and according to the publish log the change was successful, showing the new file link as successful. The webpage still shows the old file. I cleared my browser data and looked at the webpage on both my windows based system and my IPad.
alan_sh

Re: Web page not updating after successfully publishing

Post by alan_sh »

Did the new file go into the correct folder?

You can check this with something like Filezilla where you can view source and target file dates.

regards

Alan
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Did you use the same page name and extension?
Did you publish to the same folder?
Are there any errors in the publish log?

What is the URL of the page?
What changes did you make?
tcturner

Post by tcturner »

I used the same page name and extention. ( member_directory.php)
I published to the same folder: (/public_html)
The publish log showed the file had uploaded successfully and the publish was successful.

The URL 207.191.224.82

I change Link address of a PDF file stored on my computer.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The website URL does not work for me.
Are you sure it's correct?

Did you set the log level to 'all'?
tcturner

Post by tcturner »

The URL for tcturners.org is 207.191.224.82. I have verified that on cPanel and confirmed that is what I'm using for the PUBLISH URL. I have a copy of the PUBLISH LOG "ALL". Is there a way I can send it to you?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

What is the actual address as how you would enter in a browser? The url according to whois shows this a shared IP used by more than one website 34 infact!.
I change Link address of a PDF file stored on my computer
Yes but did you republish the pdf to the server. Did you try refreshing the browser?
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

I can get through to 'tcturners.org', but only to the front page. Where's the file you changed?

regards

Alan
tcturner

Post by tcturner »

I’m not having a problem getting to the website www.tcturners.org. The problem is that the updates I have made to a membership directory via a “Link” to a PDF file on my computer are not showing up even though the PUBLISH log is telling me that the update was successful. Since this directory is “Members Only” contact information it is passworded. All this works great except it is the file I published last October, not the one I just published.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I have a copy of the PUBLISH LOG "ALL". Is there a way I can send it to you?
Please upload the file to your website or another public server and then share the link.

Also, it would be helpful if I could see what it looks like when published.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

tcturner wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:04 pm I’m not having a problem getting to the website www.tcturners.org. The problem is that the updates I have made to a membership directory via a “Link” to a PDF file on my computer are not showing up even though the PUBLISH log is telling me that the update was successful. Since this directory is “Members Only” contact information it is passworded. All this works great except it is the file I published last October, not the one I just published.
So, you need to use something like FileZilla and have a look at the directory structure on the server. You may find that your PDF file has gone to a different folder to the one pointed to by your link. Either that or the publishing didn't overwrite it because something was stopping that (permissions etc.) in which case the log file should say something.
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

If you haven't already, change the name of the .pdf file, point the link to that file and then upload again.
tcturner

Post by tcturner »

PROBLEM SOLVED

As near as I can determine, the problem was in the file name. Even though I could not see a problem with the name, and I was not getting errors regarding the name, and the Publish function was telling me the file was successfully uploaded, changing the name fixed the problem??? Had to be something I was missing??? Thanks for all the responses and support.