Display query

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
pfgreig

Display query

Post by pfgreig »

Hi all, as a newbie here I am going to be asking a lot of seemingly dopey questions....I am not good at reading detailed 'user manuals' preferring to get simple, easy to follow, instruction steps from folks who know. :?

I'd like to know what I need to do to have my website display correctly on different devices....if I do a site preview all looks good on my laptop but if I view that same website on other locations, smart TV, mobile phone ect the pages are no longer centered, the different blocks of text and images appear out of alignment, some images might even have the text incorrectly located right across them.
I suspect it have something to do with my page sizing...would appreciate assistance here.
Many thanks
Paul.
BaconFries

Re: Display query

Post by BaconFries »

How are you designing? Are you using Layout Grids or Flexbox? Have you applied breakpoints.?
See the following urls for more information on RWD Responsive Web Design and what Layouts would be best for you.
Responsive Web Design FAQ
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=63817
Which layout mode should I choose?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=76722
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Paul,

Try starting with a simple template. my example is here

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=93336

It may help you understand a bit better and i am happy to answer questions on it.

Alam
n
pfgreig

Post by pfgreig »

Thank you all...baconfries....Are you using Layout Grids or Flexbox? Have you applied breakpoints.??? I did mention newbie...right? :? :?
Alan, I downloaded your template but am unsure how to open it??

Paul.
paddlefoot

Post by paddlefoot »

Since you asked for simple , easy to follow instructions, see the videos by Gregg Hughes. He used to sell WYSIWYGWebBuilder under the name of 9*-se***d web builder. His series of YouTube video tutorials cover the basics and more of building a website using WebBuilder including breakpoints. This one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f7L2yPNDb8 called Responsive Web Design should get you started and uses WB15.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

pfgreig wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:40 am Thank you all...baconfries....Are you using Layout Grids or Flexbox? Have you applied breakpoints.??? I did mention newbie...right? :? :?
Alan, I downloaded your template but am unsure how to open it??

Paul.
Put the file in the templates folder (documents/wysiwyg/system/templates) and then do File -> New from template.

Alan
pfgreig

Post by pfgreig »

Thanks Alan, I successfully installed your template....but I dont even know how to edit the text...'The name of your website or something similar'.
Did I mention that I am 'technology challenged'? :?
Paul
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

pfgreig wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:46 am Thanks Alan, I successfully installed your template....but I dont even know how to edit the text...'The name of your website or something similar'.
Did I mention that I am 'technology challenged'? :?
Paul
Maybe we need to take this out of this forum. Do you do Zoom? We could chat that way and I could show you what I do.

Send me an email to alansh52 (at) outlook.com and we can take this forward.

Alan
pfgreig

Post by pfgreig »

Thank you Alan.