Adding empty spacing below last line of text

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
tmhaudio

Adding empty spacing below last line of text

Post by tmhaudio »

Using v16.4

I added a new section of text to my website; however, in Preview & Publishing additional empty space is added - approximately 5 lines - after the last line of text.

I've encased the text with a border to insure no empty space after last line of text.

I've tried deleting then re-adding but always the same result - extra spacing after my last line of text.

Oddly, I do not have this problems with other sections of text on the same webpage.

Searching in the Forums has not provided an answer.

Any help will be appreciated - thank in advance!
Jim (tmh audio)
alan_sh

Re: Adding empty spacing below last line of text

Post by alan_sh »

It would be good if you could provide a sample .WBS file which shows the issue.
tmhaudio

Post by tmhaudio »

Thanks for reply.

Not sure how to create a WBS file.

Can a screenshot JPG be workable?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Not sure how to create a WBS file
The .wbs is simply your project file that you save or gets saved when you close the program. The best way to share this is to do a backup of your project first name as you usually do my reopen it and save under a different name. Before doing so remove all extensions and any custom code or scripts you may have used. Then upload to your host and provide a url
Before sharing the project (.wbs) please read the following viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134
Can a screenshot JPG be workable?
You can but a image / screenshot doesn't tell the full picture ( excuse the pun) that is why it is asked to provide a demo project that can be opened and view the settings used.
tmhaudio

Post by tmhaudio »

Thanks for reply.

I'm a bit hesitant to upload another project to my ISP to avoid creating problems for my published site. I will try to get the code and post it here.

I somewhat solved the problem - simply re-typing the text - makes it more presentable.

It seems a copy/paste from a Word doc with its normal paragraph breaks messes with the formatting of the website builder software.

Again...thank you for your help!!!
Jim (tmh audio)
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

It seems a copy/paste from a Word doc with its normal paragraph breaks messes with the formatting of the website builder software.
Correct. Word and other programs may contain formatting that doesn't copy over correctly. You should hold down the shift key when pasting to remove any previous formatting and then format the text in WB.
tmhaudio

Post by tmhaudio »

Apology for late reply.

Your suggestion helped some - still have spacing bit fewer now.

I'll keep plugging and hopefully find the right buttons.

Thanks again for your help - much appreciated!
-Jim
tmhaudio

Post by tmhaudio »

crispy68 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:27 pm
Correct. Word and other programs may contain formatting that doesn't copy over correctly. You should hold down the shift key when pasting to remove any previous formatting and then format the text in WB.
Your tip to use Shift/Paste certainly helps as it results in fewer empty spaces albeit trying to eliminate the added empty lines is impossible.

To eliminate ALL the empty lines following text I have added via "Shift/Paste", is there any application that can prevent this problem?

Even doing a "Shift/Paste" copied from online text results in added empty lines.

Short of re-typing the text, I'm still seeking a solution - any additional insight will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Jim
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

You could always try copying the text to notepad first and then copying from notepad into WB. If this doesn't work then I'm not sure what else to tell you. Without actually seeing what text you are trying to copy and testing for myself, I can't say much more on it.
tmhaudio

Post by tmhaudio »

Thanks...I'll give Notepad a try and report back.
Biju

Post by Biju »

Is there any bottom margin/padding for your text? Just check..
~ Remain Curious
and Keep Learning ~

Post by tmhaudio »

Biju wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:54 pm Is there any bottom margin/padding for your text? Just check..
Thanks for suggestions....

Opening the "Properties Inspector", the "padding" at the very bottom indicates "0,0,0,0"

QUESTIONS:
1. Which of the 4 zeroes represents the bottom margin?
2. Can a Negative number be inserted to further reduce the margin?
tmhaudio

Post by tmhaudio »

tmhaudio wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:11 am
Biju wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:54 pm Is there any bottom margin/padding for your text? Just check..
Thanks for suggestions....

Opening the "Properties Inspector", the "padding" at the very bottom indicates "0,0,0,0"

QUESTIONS:
1. Which of the 4 zeroes represents the bottom margin?
2. Can a Negative number be inserted to further reduce the margin?
UPDATE:
1. Changed bottom padding to -10 resulted in ADDING additional empty lines/spacing
2. Changed bottom padding to 20 resulted in reducing the empty lines/spacing
3. WB software now cuts off last line of text
4. Online website perfectly displays all text WITHOUT additional empty lines added: https://www.tmhaudio.com/TEST.html
tmhaudio

Post by tmhaudio »

NEW UPDATE

My text is inside a layer.

I've now discovered if the text box is dropped down below the layer's bottom edge, the resulting active webpage looks better without the added empty lines/spaces.

Bottom Padding = 0

I'll update more layers with text to ascertain if this is a work-around solution.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

If you could share you project file it would be easier to see what you are doing and see the problem you are having.
tmhaudio

Post by tmhaudio »

crispy68 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:14 pm If you could share you project file it would be easier to see what you are doing and see the problem you are having.
I've never done that and would need detailed assistance.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Create a new folder and save your project into this folder. Inside this folder it will create a project file (.wbs) and an image folder. Zip this folder up and upload it to your server and then provide a link to the file (ex: myproject.zip). You can also use many free filesharing sites like mediafire, fileshare, etc. and provide the link for there.
tmhaudio

Post by tmhaudio »

crispy68 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:38 pm Create a new folder and save your project into this folder. Inside this folder it will create a project file (.wbs) and an image folder. Zip this folder up and upload it to your server and then provide a link to the file (ex: myproject.zip). You can also use many free filesharing sites like mediafire, fileshare, etc. and provide the link for there.
OK, I'll give it a whirl....but I'm not Bill Gates....thank God! :-)
tmhaudio

Post by tmhaudio »

btw, I have an account at "WeTransfer" - is that a site I can use for this purpose?

Thanks for your help!!!
-Jim
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

yes, i believe so.
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

We Transfer is great - my personal favorite.
Also, have you tried Ctrl-A (select all) from within your text box to see if it shows extra lines?
tmhaudio

Post by tmhaudio »

Apology for late reply - new products/models coming and working on marketing.

Re: website problem...
1. I've tried "Ctl+A" - still adds spacing after last line of text.

2. "Create a new folder and save your project into this folder." - this is a bit too advanced for me while trying to avoid adding new folders that could integrate into my primary website.

3. Perhaps Pablo can address the "Copy/Paste" text problem of adding empty lines after the last text. Surely, this is frequently done by many others?

Thanks, guys!
Jim/tmhaudio
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

The program has thousands of settings/options so being able to load your project and see it is much easier.
this is a bit too advanced for me while trying to avoid adding new folders
It's not difficult at all. Simply right click on your desktop, click NEW and choose folder. Name the folder. Now in WB simply save your project in this new folder on your desktop. Right click on the folder to zip it and then share this zip folder. Once you've done that you can simply delete this folder.
Perhaps Pablo can address the "Copy/Paste" text problem of adding empty lines after the last text. Surely, this is frequently done by many others?
If this was the case there would several others on here complaining of the same issue. I use the program all the time and never had this problem.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Perhaps Pablo can address the "Copy/Paste" text problem of adding empty lines after the last text.
Copy/paste is standard Windows functionality. WWB does not add any empty lines by itself.
Also, I have never heard this from any other user.
But if you can describe the exact steps to reproduce this behavior then I may be able to tell how to avoid this.
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

You said earlier that other text on the site is fine. Have you tried copying one of those working text boxes, pasting it into the layer and see if it is correctly displaying? If so, try copy/paste of the problem text and paste it into the working box (replacing the text already in the text box).