Responsive Menu submenu text

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
cmsintent

Responsive Menu submenu text

Post by cmsintent »

Good Day ...

RE: Navigation > Responsive Menu

I have a Responsive Menu that I am using Roboto, set to Bold for the Menu top level text but I would like the submenu not to be bold ... is there a work-around for this... maybe a piece of code I could add?

In the Style Section > General is only 1 font setting.
crispy68

Re: Responsive Menu submenu text

Post by crispy68 »

Are you simply choosing 'Roboto' as the font and then choosing 'bold' under style? or are you choosing Roboto Bold as the actual font?

Reason I ask is if you are choosing a particular variation of a font and using Google fonts, WB will create the code for you. The problem is WB will only generate the code for 'bold' which is usually a font weight of 800. So if you were to change the font weight to 300 nothing will happen. This is because the code is only loading font weight 800. You would have to modify the code to also load the 300 font weight.

However, if you are using 'bold' under style, then you can use this css code placed in the <head> section of the page html:

Code: Select all

<style>
#wb_ResponsiveMenu1 ul ul li a{font-weight:normal;}
</style>
Change 'ResponsiveMenu1' to the name of your menu ID if you changed it. Also, the 'ul ul li a' is assuming you have 1 top level and 1 submenu level.
cmsintent

Post by cmsintent »

crispy68 - THANK YOU! Worked like a charm... really appreciated your input!!
cmsintent

Post by cmsintent »

crispy68 ... sorry to bug you ... a while back you had a piece of code that would always allow the submenu of the Responsive Menu to be on top of objects directly below (like a carousel) ... I have searched the forum and can't seem to find your post.

When you have a moment, could you point in the right direction. Thanks...