Active Page Link cant be highlighted?

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
laingman

Active Page Link cant be highlighted?

Post by laingman »

Hello
Sorry I couldn't find the answer anywhere. I have a page using a master frame with just some ordinary text links in a sidebar menu. Its very nice but how can I make the active page link be underlined, or bold or different color? Any method that will let the user know where they are at. It appears to work for hover on links or or visited pages, but not what I really need. Need help please. Thanks
Pablo

Re: Active Page Link cant be highlighted?

Post by Pablo »

The 'active page' feature does not work with master frames, because when you use a master frame, the HTML is the same for all pages that use it. This means that also the appearance of the menu (and there for the stare).
The active page can only be determined if the menu is on the page itself (not on the master page).

Note that this is also mentioned in the help.
laingman

Post by laingman »

Pablo wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:04 pm The 'active page' feature does not work with master frames, because when you use a master frame, the HTML is the same for all pages that use it. This means that also the appearance of the menu (and there for the stare).
The active page can only be determined if the menu is on the page itself (not on the master page).

Note that this is also mentioned in the help.
OK. Thanks. Now since I cant have the active page highlighted in the menu, I want to use a sticky layer at the top of the page to include the topic of the page so the user can know where they are. Big Problem is that even though I select sticky in the layer properties, it is still scrolling with the rest of the content. This is driving me crazy, so I give up and decided tot ask if anyone has and idea what I might be doing wrong. Any ideas? t Thanks.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

To be abl to help you, I need to see what you have done.
Do you have a demo project?
laingman

Post by laingman »

Pablo wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:42 am To be abl to help you, I need to see what you have done.
Do you have a demo project?
I figured it out. I needed to adjust the values for the offsets. Thanks.
presto

Post by presto »

You can use an "Embedded Page" for the menu. See https://www.franz-orth.de/italien-tagebuch or https://www.franz-orth.de/england-tagebuch

Header and footer of these pages come from a masterpage with content place holder, the menu was included separated via "Embedded Page". But it also should work when the Embedded Page is part oft the masterpage.