*** SOLVED *** Responsive Navigation menu problem

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
Brian Lambert

*** SOLVED *** Responsive Navigation menu problem

Post by Brian Lambert »

Hi all,

My clubs web site, which I maintain, uses a Responsive Navigation menu and three Break points set to 1024px, 768px and 320px (plus of course the Default in the design stages). All the Navigation links work fully as expected in PC/Laptop mode - 1024. They also all work correctly in 769 mode - Tablet view when viewed on my IPad. They all work in 320 view except for just one tab/navigation bar. The "Blog 2021" will not load the page when viewed on a cell phone screen!!! Yet it loads correctly in all other options.
I have tried to re configure the Navigation menu and uploaded the whole web site several times, but all attempts still produce the same one Navigation link failure problem and only on a Cell phone! The Navigation Master_Frame is set the 'Do not Publish' and all other pages are set to this via their Page Properties Page: /Master_Frame and Type: Master Frame (requires content place holder) settings - A place holder is on the Master page too.
This is the web site.. https://www.favershammrc.org.uk/
Ironically on a page - 'Club Info' there are direct URL links to each years Blog pages and when the 2021 link is clicked on it loads correctly!!

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to how to correct the one problem Navigation link and only in the one view (320px) mode?

Many thanks for your time.
Pablo

Re: Responsive Navigation menu problem

Post by Pablo »

What do I need to do to see the problem?
Which menu? Where on the page do I need to look?
Can you please be more specific?
Brian Lambert

Re: Responsive Navigation menu problem

Post by Brian Lambert »

Thank you, I have since typing the question think I have found the issue and the page now loads on my Cell phone Phew!
Sorry to have bothered you with this.
Brian Lambert

Re: *** SOLVED *** Responsive Navigation menu problem

Post by Brian Lambert »

Oh dear!!! Not solved as thought!!! When the Blog 2021 menu in mobile phone view (320px) is viewed!!! The URL just remains set to whatever was last selected.

Any help would be most appreciated for this one Navigation item.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

What do I need to do to see the problem?
Brian Lambert

Post by Brian Lambert »

Pablo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:35 pm What do I need to do to see the problem?
Sorry I thought I had done so, in my detailed request for help above?

A) I gave the web sites URL and info. on problem
B) I gave specific info. above re which navigation menu item is not working correctly, which is only in the 320px (cell phone) view.
C) its the Navigation menu item "Blog 2021" that will not load the page, and is only a problem it seems in the 320px view on a cell phone. All other views load correctly!

Thanks
Brian
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The reason why this does not work on a mobile device is because a menu item cannot be a link and a trigger for a sub menu at the same time.
Unlike desktop browsers, mobile browsers do not support 'hover'. So, that is why menu items with sub menus cannot have a link.

Note that this is also documented in the help.
Main items with sub menus should not have a link because then the click/touch will trigger the link instead of opening the sub menu (touch devices do not have 'hover' functionality).
Brian Lambert

Post by Brian Lambert »

Hmm Ok, so what is the suggestion for the mobile phone option?? Can the sub menu be removed for just the mobile view but work in every other option?? If so, how please?
Or should I just re configure the sub menu/layout so as the sub menu becomes a full menu item/link totally its own?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

No, the structure of the menu cannot be different for mobile only.
If you want a different menu then you will need to duplicate the menu in the smaller breakpoints.

Or else, remove the link from the main item and add another sub item with the link.
Brian Lambert

Post by Brian Lambert »

Hi
Thanks for the info.. I have removed the sub menus

Regards
Brian