My Jaguar E-Type site - seeking feedback

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with WYSIWYG Web Builder to other users.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Rules for posting in this section:
1) Do not ask any WYSIWYG Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Do not Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Do not start more than one thread about your site.
4) Do not say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Do not post any site that is not created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
6) Do not BUMP your post unnecessarily/repetitively.
7) Do not speak/type in another language than English. That way everyone can understand you.
Ozcarnut

My Jaguar E-Type site - seeking feedback

Post by Ozcarnut »

Very new to WWB and have spent a frustrating few weeks trying to teach myself the fundamentals of the program and come to grips with Responsive Web Design. I have been stumped a couple of times but extend a big thank you to Pablo and Bacon Fries for pointing me in the right direction.

So I thought I would place my website here for some feedback and advice. I am reasonably comfortable with what I have achieved so far and still have three other hobby websites to update to WWB.

My website seems to work well for PC & Tablet and OK for mobile phone. Main problem with Mobile Phone are the ten Photo Gallery pages. The thumbnails are 4 across the page and become too small to be useful and when you click the thumbnail the resulting photo is also too small to be viewed correctly. Not sure how to fix this but will do some more testing.

Any feedback and advice greatly appreciated.

http://www.etypejaguar.ozcarnut.com/index.html
zinc

Re: My Jaguar E-Type site - seeking feedback

Post by zinc »

Just love that car!!!!!!!! Work of art! :D
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
Fender

Post by Fender »

When you use breakpoints you can change the amount of colums of your pictures in the different breakpoints
https://gofile.io/d/imDrTK here you see a screenshot
andyp

Post by andyp »

Interesting website.. reminds me that I need to work on my old 76 Cavalier Coupe :)
Making mistakes....and still learning as I go along.. and very grateful to those who know far more than me... :)
http://www.apgraphx.co.uk
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

Truly classic website very nice. Improve the color of the menu and it's a charm.
Ozcarnut

Post by Ozcarnut »

Fender wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:58 am When you use breakpoints you can change the amount of colums of your pictures in the different breakpoints
https://gofile.io/d/imDrTK here you see a screenshot
Ah, that was very helpful, many thanks Fender. I had read about Breakpoints but not been game to venture down what I believe could be a rather complex topic. However you got me started and after spending an afternoon experimenting and testing I have changed all ten of my Photo Gallery pages to include Breakpoints. Big difference and they now work well on mobile phone and Tablet.
Ozcarnut

Post by Ozcarnut »

wwonderfull wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:24 am Truly classic website very nice. Improve the color of the menu and it's a charm.
I appreciate the feedback. Can you please be more specific about which menus and which color's. Happy to consider alternative colours.
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

My taste can be a bit different. So I would recommend not to use the pinkish red text and light purple background on hover over the 2nd menu. Put anything else which you may feel more related to the websites overall looks and color.