Just have my new site up

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with WYSIWYG Web Builder to other users.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Rules for posting in this section:
1) Do not ask any WYSIWYG Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Do not Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Do not start more than one thread about your site.
4) Do not say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Do not post any site that is not created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
6) Do not BUMP your post unnecessarily/repetitively.
7) Do not speak/type in another language than English. That way everyone can understand you.
wyndham

Just have my new site up

Post by wyndham »

Thanks for all the help from different questions I have asked in different threads
Please comment If you wish good or problems and opinions
www.seagrovevillagepottery.com
alan_sh

Re: Just have my new site up

Post by alan_sh »

It's very nice.

A small point - on the ndex page the background remains static as you scroll down. On the Events page, the background scrolls down with the events. I prefer the way the index does it.

Alan
wyndham

Post by wyndham »

I remade the index page and used card containers and would have made the background scroll that's not possible with card container that I know of. The events page is layout grid. so I might turn that feature off for continuity. Thanks
Fender

Post by Fender »

You have to set the background size of each page to cover!
Otherwise on larger screens we see a emty space in the background and not your whole background picture!
This is seen on the event and about us page.
The find us page has background-repeat: repeat; this is not a nice background an larger sreens!
So my advice set all to cover.
Read this article https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/css-f ... -tutorial/
wyndham

Post by wyndham »

will do thanks
wyndham

Post by wyndham »

EDIT:changed to the above suggestion
Well I guess I can't write my own website name :oops: :oops: :oops:
it should be www.seagrovevillagepottery.com
my website and I are a work in progress, :P
Last edited by wyndham on Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pajadt

Post by pajadt »

wyndham wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:46 pm changed to the above suggestion
www.seagrovepottery.com
Hi Are you owner or designer this web
Since you said that you accept positive comments and others, here is an objective one.
Playing behind a background to be all one images rarely gives a perfect result, so even in your case, it is more distracting than the real beautifully designed artwork you are selling. The background is more associated with selling flowers than artistic sculptural objects.
This background image can be used, but in some sections, not as a whole, then it seems like a set of colorful ideas gathered in one place.
The effect of the first look at the site must be focused on the extraordinary products that you sell not in the background.

At the same time, you must strictly take into account the links that you post to be the correct name, also the link to the website is also incorrect on Facebook.
Not to just criticize the font is well laid out in both size and types, but in order to act like a serious company it has to look like a serious website

Also you can contact me, i give to you few free advice how to looks like serious company website.

I can also say WOW this is amazing I haven't seen so far, but I think it's better to have this way of thinking
wyndham

Post by wyndham »

thanks, this helps. Will check out the fb error

bit later
Yep found it corrected it thanks