MULTIFAMILY DEVELOPER CONSTRUCTION WEBSITE

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with WYSIWYG Web Builder to other users.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Rules for posting in this section:
1) Do not ask any WYSIWYG Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Do not Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Do not start more than one thread about your site.
4) Do not say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Do not post any site that is not created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
6) Do not BUMP your post unnecessarily/repetitively.
7) Do not speak/type in another language than English. That way everyone can understand you.
lgmfls

MULTIFAMILY DEVELOPER CONSTRUCTION WEBSITE

Post by lgmfls »

Hello all,

This is a website that I made for one of my businesses with WYSIWYG Web Builder 17.

https://scdchouston.com

I’ve been using the software for many years now, although I may only build one or two websites a year now, just for myself. When I first started using it, I built websites for other businesses, but that’s been over 8 years ago now. So while I update the software regularly, I haven’t always keep up with the latest techniques and tools that are all available with the program.

With that being said, I would love any comments or suggestions that anyone has. I expect to get a lot of what’s wrong with it, because I can tell you right now that I have not optimized or built it to be responsive and for mobile. I just had too much information to get onto the site, and the design process to build for responsive and mobile based on my current knowledge of the program, would have taken me two or three times as long to finish. And while building the website helps me to deliver the message, it’s the actual running of the company that takes up the majority of my time, and building the site is secondary.

So I’m also interested in finding someone from here that may want to work on the site along with me to help make it responsive and mobile friendly, as well as continue to improve, correct, add to and delete from the site as necessary. Here are some things that I know need working on for the site just to get started before you all give your other observations:

1) Making the site responsive and mobile friendly
2) Implementing all SEO strategies and filling out the information for each page
3) Optimizing images and/or videos
4) Proofreading and rewriting of some of the text (currently being outsourced)
5) Maybe changing some of the fonts

So while I’m aware of these, feel free to point out what you see with these or other areas. I’m open to all suggestions and critics as long as they are done nicely. :D And I’m of course willing to pay for anyone that wants to work on the project with me; and I have other website projects as well to work on.

Thanks sincerely for viewing and any comments you make in advance. My apologies to Pablo if anything I said here is a violation of any rules.
pajadt

Re: MULTIFAMILY DEVELOPER CONSTRUCTION WEBSITE

Post by pajadt »

Hi lgmfls
The idea is quite good, with this site, the technique and use of layers is a bit problematic, because then it takes too much work and adjustments.
If we exclude the items you have already listed from the typography and so on, we could work on the design.
Some images are bad, I don't mean in qualitative terms, I think they are a bit out of date, the current trend, also the opinion is that you have to transfer all this to the layout grid, and in the flexbox to get the site easier to work with.
There is a lot of work on this site mostly about transferring Layer to a different technique. Some things are good, the footer type is interesting, the colors are OK, but that green might be a shade lighter, for compatibility with black.

You can contact me if you want us to continue the conversation, and suggest some design solutions

B R
lgmfls

Post by lgmfls »

Hello pajadt,

Thank you so much for your time to view the website and make these great points. I really appreciate it.

I'm going to contact you to discuss more!
lgmfls

Post by lgmfls »

pajadt wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:15 pm Hi lgmfls
The idea is quite good, with this site, the technique and use of layers is a bit problematic, because then it takes too much work and adjustments.
If we exclude the items you have already listed from the typography and so on, we could work on the design.
Some images are bad, I don't mean in qualitative terms, I think they are a bit out of date, the current trend, also the opinion is that you have to transfer all this to the layout grid, and in the flexbox to get the site easier to work with.
There is a lot of work on this site mostly about transferring Layer to a different technique. Some things are good, the footer type is interesting, the colors are OK, but that green might be a shade lighter, for compatibility with black.

You can contact me if you want us to continue the conversation, and suggest some design solutions

B R
I'm not sure how to message you directly on here, and when I click the contact button, it gave a website, but the site had no way to message you. I hope this is okay to do, but feel free to message me at localgeniusmarketing@gmail.com
lgmfls

Post by lgmfls »

Hello again forum and Pablo,

Thanks to all who have viewed this thread and/or the website. After consulting with pajadt for a week or so, we ultimately couldn't come to an agreement to move forward business wise due to reasons that are not important here. Nevertheless, he was kind enough to show and share with me his design for the site using layout grids to make it fully responsive and also to update the actual design itself. Since we decided not to move forward, he still shared with me the file for the master-frame, index or home page, and a partial of another page, giving me permission to use and build upon it for the website.

After a week or two of going over his design when I had time, I totally get it now and see the benefit of using layout grids and the like to design websites for responsive design. I don't think I could ever use layers again like I did, but that's all I knew because I never educated myself or got up to date with the new changes as Pablo updated what the software is capable of. I now see that I have no choice but to do that if I want to properly design websites now or in the future.

So what I have done so far to update the site is to make the changes that I wanted to from the template that pajadt shared with me. While once I saw the design in the software I understood 80 to 90% of what was going on, there was still up to 20% that I haven't figured out yet exactly why he did some of the things he used in the design. So the changes I made to it were with what I could understand and manipulate myself in order to get the desired results of what I needed. I will do a lot more study of layout grids, flexgrids, cards, card containers and everything around those over the next few weeks or months as I continue to make changes to the site.

So for now, here are the changes that I have made to the site whether adding something or deleting something, in case it helps anyone else out:

1) The new home or index page is fully responsive with it's own separate masterframe that is different from the rest of the site which still uses layers, the old master frame, etc. You will notice this as you leave the home page if you visit the site. So only the index page is fully responsive and I will change one page at a time in the same manner, probably starting with the easy pages first that have little design and just mostly text, like "terms of use", etc.

2) I think I'm still having some issues with the mobile version at BP 480, so let me know if you see issues there as well, if you visit the site. I have to figure out from reading the forum and tutorials how to make it easier to make all the changes in the BPs because it is very time consuming when I go to each BP to make sure it looks and works properly. I believe some of it can be made easier in some settings that I have yet to learn about properly.

3) I built the website with default at 1395, I'm not sure why I did that, but it is what it is. So my breakpoints are 1280, 1024, 768 and 480. Not sure still if I need to do one at 320 yet. Again I'm still learning.

4) I did update this page to make sure that not only is it responsive, but that all meta tags were finally done, and that using the web builder error and seo tools that it had ZERO errors.

5) Also on this index page, all images have been optimized as they were not before.

6) Some of the text was rewritten as well as proofread from an outside source and those changes were made, along with moving some things around on the index page to better represent the company in the order of importance.

7) Some main fonts were changed to some of the fonts used in the sample that pajadt sent in his file, while I still kept some fonts from the original design.

8) I learned how to properly use headers better, so that page should do better with google or search engines when indexing the page based on those headers. I still have a lot of SEO work that can be done better with links, etc., but there are still some there.

9) Not only were all images optimized, but some images where changes to use better quality and choices of images. But I expect these to be continually updated or changed as I continue to work on the site.

10) Removed snapscroll completely, for now at least if not permanently.

So at least for this index home page, most of what I stated in my opening post here have been addressed and completed, with the exception of making sure that everything works at the 480 BP and deciding if I still need a 320 BP. I expect that as I learn more about layout grids, flexgrids, cards, etc. that other changes will be made even to this page as I develop other pages and learn new tips and tricks.

I'm also still seeking someone that has a great handle on building using these tools that would like to take the design aspect of this off of my hands for a fee of course. I can't work on it full time because the business is in start up phase and there are many other areas that I work on daily from working with my architects and designers of the buildings, to working out final things with lenders and investors, to working with my legal team to get all paperwork in order as we prepare to start our first project in March. While all the areas of the business I have been doing for over 30 years, this is a company that I incorporated back in 2004 but never actually did anything with until now.

So anyone else who has the time and skills to work on the website, feel free to reach out and lets see if we can come to terms on this site. If a great job is done, I have minimum 10 additional websites that need to be built or redesigned for 2022 that we can continue to work together on.

As always, thanks again Pablo for making such a great software. And thanks to everyone who reads this post, views the website, or has anything or comment to share here.
lgmfls

Post by lgmfls »

Hello forum,

Finally completed re-doing the entire site using layout grids to make it fully responsive as I mentioned in my last post!

Big shout out and props to pajadt for sharing the initial templates that got me started on my journey with layout girds, which was way past due.

Thanks to all on the forum who write posts whether questions or answers, because while I may not call you out by name, many of your posts here have helped me in some way on my journey.

I still have some work to do on some of the mobile pages, design features, and my paypal form which I hope to get back working properly today, as I already missed a couple of consultations due to it not working. If I can't figure it out today, I be back to post for help on it later.

So I expect to continue to upgrade the current site as I get better ideas from the forum and other templates, or hire a full time designer to work on it instead of me doing it part time.

I may not post much on here in other threads, but I sincerely appreciate all of you who take the time to do it and the help I get from it!

Thanks for reading and viewing!
zinc

Post by zinc »

Beautifully done!!!!! Well done!
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
lgmfls

Post by lgmfls »

zinc wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:02 am Beautifully done!!!!! Well done!
Thank you very much sir!

While I welcome and appreciate constructive criticism, it's also extremely nice to have someone say what you did.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Very nice !!! :D
"Make My Day"

See my Website
lgmfls

Post by lgmfls »

Bluesman wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:38 pm Very nice !!! :D
Thanks sincerely my friend! :D