feedback welcome

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with WYSIWYG Web Builder to other users.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Rules for posting in this section:
1) Do not ask any WYSIWYG Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Do not Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Do not start more than one thread about your site.
4) Do not say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Do not post any site that is not created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
6) Do not BUMP your post unnecessarily/repetitively.
7) Do not speak/type in another language than English. That way everyone can understand you.
gano101

feedback welcome

Post by gano101 »

Hi folks

I've been asked to come up with a site "quick and simple" for a cardboard recycling business... 24 hours later I've nailed the quick part, I'm worried it's a little too simple. I like the drop shadow, but I'm looking for any criticisms, suggestions for improvement etc. please be as harsh as possible.. I can take it :)

http://inverclydewebsitedesigner.com/cardboard/

many thanks
donjohnson24

Re: feedback welcome

Post by donjohnson24 »

I like it - seems to tell all that one needs to know

You could clarify £15 - per collection ?

BTW - the phrase Simples And So Effective - is that last 's' in 'Simples' a typo, or echoing the meercat in the comparethemarket.com adverts ?
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

on mobile, your phone number is wrapping to the next line.

Also, why is your business name an image versus actual text?
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

It may be a local issue, but on my Windows 10 Firefox laptop your site looks like this:

// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
gano101

Post by gano101 »

Hi

cheers for the feedback. Yeah I noticed the number wrapping (tested on several devices) mainly it was on slightly older androids using chrome. I may reduce the size.

I used image rather than plain text as the font wasn't web safe and wouldn't display properly. I like this font tho and didn't want to change it. If there's another way to embed the font please somebody tell me.. I thought there was a way to do that, but it's not something I've ever done personally.

Cheers
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I used image rather than plain text as the font wasn't web safe and wouldn't display properly
See the following:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/webfonts.html
gano101

Post by gano101 »

thanks BF, much appreciated :D
ashutoshkushwaha

Post by ashutoshkushwaha »

The header part of the site is sticky which makes is very difficult to read the rest of the content of the site. I would recommend making it a non sticky layer so that it can be scrolled up to be able to read the rest of the content of the website in more space.
Ashutosh Kushwaha
gano101

Post by gano101 »

donjohnson24 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:14 pm I like it - seems to tell all that one needs to know

You could clarify £15 - per collection ?

BTW - the phrase Simples And So Effective - is that last 's' in 'Simples' a typo, or echoing the meercat in the comparethemarket.com adverts ?
I had the same question, the client states it's deliberate to appear more approachable, which I tend to agree in this instance :)
pajadt

Post by pajadt »

The idea is great and I really like it because it’s unusual,
What bothers me is that the header is disproportionately large, so when you move it you can only read part of the text, not the whole text, you just have to make an effort to read the text written in a few lines.
Maybe try to reduce the height of the header section in some way, maybe it would be more efficient, because this way you only see Header, and in the hints what is below.
However, Header is not the entire website, but the content that the website offers.

These X icons are red, I might do it in svg, but they would definitely be without the shadow effect, iit is unnecessary, the header with the shadow itself is effective, so the shadow on the icon is unnecessary.

Definitely an interesting idea
Maybe I could work a little on this Arial font
gano101

Post by gano101 »

Thanks so much for all the feedback. It's all been useful and changes have been made as a result.
there will likely be some further changes to come.

appreciate your time and comments :D
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

CARDBOARD WASTE MANAGMENT