Website Update

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with WYSIWYG Web Builder to other users.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Rules for posting in this section:
1) Do not ask any WYSIWYG Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Do not Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Do not start more than one thread about your site.
4) Do not say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Do not post any site that is not created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
6) Do not BUMP your post unnecessarily/repetitively.
7) Do not speak/type in another language than English. That way everyone can understand you.
Steve D

Website Update

Post by Steve D »

Hi,

Finally finished updating my WWB website - should be fully responsive (used WBB16) using Justified Galleries, Card Containers, Layout Grids and more. Would be great if anyone can have a look - all comments (good or bad), or suggestions always welcome. The website is https://www.steve-davison.co.uk. Thanks for looking.
Steve
andyp

Re: Website Update

Post by andyp »

Looks fine to me on desktop.. does what it needs to do without distractions
Making mistakes....and still learning as I go along.. and very grateful to those who know far more than me... :)
http://www.apgraphx.co.uk
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

Hi Andy

Many thanks for looking
Steve
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Steve,

The site may be fantastic, but I got stuck because I don't agree with your privacy policy where, for example, you suggest disabling a lot of things (like cookies) globally just to view your site. Why can't you have an option to reject saving YOUR cookies? What benefit do YOU get from having cookies?

You say "You may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or searching for online information about cookies (e.g. https://www.aboutcookies.org.uk)." Well, I prefer to disable cookies on your site but not others - so how do I do that?

Sorry to go on about this, but your site illustrates what a lot of sites also do. And unless you can explain WHY you need cookies (which I didn't see), I think you will lose viewers.

Alan
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

Hi Alan,

Many thanks for looking at the website and your reply - it's a very interesting one and I'm not sure how to answer it.

If WWB had a facility of adding a cookie policy and either Accepting or Not Accepting cookies I would jump at implementing it, however, I've not been able to find one and my programming skills are not up to the job of making a custom cookie acceptance.

Would be great if someone on the WWB forum could point me in the right direction.

Steve
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Does your site use cookies? If so, what do you use them for? You must know. If you don't use them, why have the banner?

My sites (www.penninescouts.org.uk is one) doesn't use them itself. Any third parties that I link to may do so, but that is not my responsibility and I explain that in my privacy policy. So, the site itself doesn't need to have an 'accept cookies or sod off' banner.

Alan
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

The site looks great the only thing I would suggest is to create a new header something that stands out text alone doesn't grab me maybe the use of a different font.
I agree with Alan the end user(s) shouldn't have download plugins and change there browser settings just to comply with your privacy settings. Can I ask why every page has a cookie policy it's a bit monotonous to have to agree to it all the time once on the "Home" page is enough to suffice. Sorry from knowledge there isn't currently any cookie / gdpr extension that gives the end user(s) the choice to select the choice to agree to specific cookies this would require a custom script.
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

Hi,

Thanks for all the help and patience - I think I don't understand the rules on cookies; the website uses Google Analytics (which uses cookies), however, I thought I had to use that to get access to Google Search Console (which is the only bit I'm interested in).

It appears I was wrong and I don't not need to have a Google Analytics Cookie on the website to use Google Search Console. Therefore, since Google Search Console does not use cookies, I assume I do not need to have a banner on the website telling visitors about cookies, so long as I remove the Google Analytics code snippet.

Does this sound right ?

Steve
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Sounds good to me.
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

Nice looking website
Remove the "Login" from the Blog Meta
Test your captcha, even after entering correct answer, I get an error message "Please answer the question"(on chrome browser)

https://lucknowwebs.com/live-chat-php-e ... -and-above
Check the new Chat GPT and Malware detect extensions at the link below

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
---------------------------------------------------------
www.Lucknowwebs.com
benkn

Post by benkn »

Looks great, though I dont like the cookie popup.
Great photos and respond well.

I dont like the blue menu up top. I am doing that now and dont like on mine.
I think responsive menu needs better aesthetic options.
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback - the cookie popup will be removed (not required now as there will be no cookies), not sure why captcha is not working - I'll look into that one. Also thanks for the comment about the menu icon.

Steve
Nitrid-2

Post by Nitrid-2 »

Nice site and your images are amazing particularly the birds. south west England Devon and Cornwall by the looks of it Been through there many times in the 60s and 70s

Great job!
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

Hi,

Thanks for the kind reply - Devon, Cornwall and Somerset

Steve
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

Thanks for all the comments - google analytics cookies and the cookies popup have now been removed; a new (colour-matched) menu icon on smaller screens has been added.

Steve
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

The Contact page - the question was 17+18 and I answered "Thirty Five". It was not accepted. Silly thing really, but is it possible?

Alan
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

Hi Alan,

Not sure why that didn't work for you - I've tried it several times since and works OK for me; I'll try and get someone else to give it a go and see whether it works for them.

Thanks for the feedback.

Steve
benkn

Post by benkn »

Site looks great and I dont think I'd change anything. The basic layout/colors add to the photos.

FYI You would need a cookie policy for Google Adsense (where you serve up ads(and help google stalk people)), but not analytics.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Great site. In my opinion you should make the text more responsive (smaller) for phone sizes.
Good work
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

Hi,

Thanks for looking at the site and for the helpful comments - much appreciated.

Steve
ohisiojohn

Post by ohisiojohn »

Steve D,

Job well-done. I am impressed by your Blog. It looks standard. Is it an extension?. I have been searching for something like this!. I would appreciate if you can share with me the extension.

Thanks for the good work
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

@ohisiojohn,

The blog looks to be a WP site and was not made with WB or an extension.
ohisiojohn

Post by ohisiojohn »

Crispy68,

Definitely having looked at Archives menu, it is a WP designed website
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

Hi,

You are correct, the blog is WP, but the rest of the website is WWB - the original blog is something I've had for quite a while, however, there is no way of moving blog posts over to WWB

Personally, I find the WWB much better than the WP part.

Steve
★MAVEL™

Post by ★MAVEL™ »

Steve D wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:09 am Hi,

Finally finished updating my WWB website - should be fully responsive (used WBB16) using Justified Galleries, Card Containers, Layout Grids and more. Would be great if anyone can have a look - all comments (good or bad), or suggestions always welcome. The website is https://www.steve-davison.co.uk. Thanks for looking.
Steve
VERY GOOD WELL DONE , lovely design .............i love photography,

the bad news is that ................GTMETRIX are diplaying a warning-error from your site:
----------

"Analysis Error
The SSL certificate for this site is not trusted in all web browsers
You may have an incorrectly installed SSL certificate. Check your SSL certificate at SSLShopper"

pajadt

Post by pajadt »

Hi

Since photographers are, in principle, artists, something like me in design, what surprised me a bit was the choice of colors on the hover menu, type red, which has no place at all, since there is a great orange which is compatible with the background color .
What I also noticed is that the blog is WP, and what I would recommend, if the blog with design is already limited, or to take over the design of that part such as the blog, I mean menu, so that me and the header at all site be the same as on blog, on all pages, or if that menu is positioned ar center , I mean the blog so that it is made identical, from all other pages, maybe the tah hover on the menu blog could be orange, so that it has an effect, and be it compatible design.
I also noticed the difference in fonts in the blog, and the rest of the design. At blog it used Verdana, so i recommended to use same size and Font like at blog.
My recommendation is to use the letter scheme as on the blog. Also the same way of designing Header, then you complete, and it becomes a very serious clean design.

If you need help positioning the Menu Center in the blog, WP, feel free to contact me for help.
Design is very good, but my suggestions is to be perfect