View HTML Object in cell of Table, or Flexgrid

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
MGD4me

View HTML Object in cell of Table, or Flexgrid

Post by MGD4me »

I need to retrieve some specific data from a database, and will view the results in either a Table, or Flexgrid.

I'm trying to decide which will work best for me, so I have been experimenting with both approaches. The web page will be fixed at 980 pixels wide, and there are no other breakpoints, since this 'form' will be printed out on standard 8 1/2 x 11 inch Letter size paper.

The cells of the Table (or Flexgrid) will be a set of text labels (in Col 1, say) followed by 'Col 2' results from the database, something like:

Label | Results
-----------|-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: | HTML Object code inserted in Col2: <?php echo $name; ?>

Address:| HTML Object etc...
-----------|-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem is that the database 'results' are hidden by the table. If I move the HTML object outside the table boundary, it is then visible, and contains the correct data.

I tried clicking on the HTML Object and arranged as 'move to front', but it has no effect. I suspect it may have to do with the z-index, but I don't see where I can specify a value for the HTML Object anywhere.

Is there a way to make the 'results' visible in a cell of a Table (or Flexgrid) ??

Thanks
Pablo

Re: View HTML Object in cell of Table, or Flexgrid

Post by Pablo »

Maybe you did not set a font size for the text? In that case, the text will be 0pt when it's inside a grid.
MGD4me

Re: View HTML Object in cell of Table, or Flexgrid

Post by MGD4me »

Ahh... that was exactly it !!

But weird, because the HTML Object displays correctly outside the table boundary. After I added <h3></h3> font tags it works as I had hoped.

Thanks for the prompt reply... 8)