*** SOLVED *** Master Frame and Content Place Holder and reCaptchav2.

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
mike_kallet

*** SOLVED *** Master Frame and Content Place Holder and reCaptchav2.

Post by mike_kallet » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:12 pm

I have two issues that might be related.
Using the lastest V12.3. (Same behavior as 12.1).

1. I copied a Master Page, from 11.x, and then modified it with 2 breakpoints. Create and tested the different views. The Master page has a Content Place Holder. Tested with a few pages with same breakpoints. Works great.
2. I copied a Contactus page, from 11.x and then modified it with the same breakpoints. Everything works great, but the reCaptcha V2 object disappeared?
3. Loaded the 11.x file with 12.3, cloned the contactus page and reCaptcha V2 is working (no breakpoints in this version).
4. Published the new contactus page, with breakpoints but without the master page. reCaptcha working.
So it would appear that for some reason reCaptcha doesn't want to work with a master page that has breakpoints.

I thought maybe it has to do with the content place holder in the master page (although that seems to work fine with everything else). So I deleted the content place holder and inserted a new one. Now, the placeholder doesn't work at all with all the pages.
So it would appear that there is something amiss with the 12.x content place holder. I took out the breakpoints and still, the new content place holder doesn't seem to work.

I don't now if these are related, and with the chance that I might be just doing something stupid, I would love some guidance to check on a few things to see if I've set something up wrong.

Thanks.

Magical

Re: Master Frame and Content Place Holder and reCaptchav2.

Post by Magical » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:52 am

Just my guess.

Based on my experience with breakpoints, when you have have multiple breakpoint views and you put a new object one view, it is hidden in all the other views.

For a reCaptcha you have to go to the breakpoint and then on the left look for an object called Extension1 or something similar and put a check mark in the object manager. Then you will see it in the current breakpoint view.

if you have more than one breakpoints you have to go to each one and unhide it. Alternatively you can unhide for for all breakpoints by right clicking on the object in the object manager and selecting "unhide in all breakpoints".

Also sometimes it may be behind a layer and you have to move to make it visible.

Hope this helps.

mike_kallet

Post by mike_kallet » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:12 am

I looked, and it's visible in all layers. The reCaptcha is in a form. I even brought it on top, and took it out of the form. In all cases, everything shows up great, except for the ReCaptcha. It works fine if I don't have a Master Frame, so I guess the work around is for my Contact Page, just manually created the page with the Master stuff, instead of using Master Page, but can't help to wonder what's going on.

mike_kallet

Post by mike_kallet » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:10 am

Solved. Seems I had a phantom content place holder that was not visible in any breakpoint. I deleted it, and now Chaptcha works. I suspect the other problem related to the content place holder was also caused by this extra one.

Magical

Post by Magical » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:25 am

Cool!