Lightbox Slideshow ***1/10/11***

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!
BaconFries

Lightbox Slideshow ***1/10/11***

Post by BaconFries » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:10 pm

Lightbox Slideshow Updated ***1/10/11***

***Update 15/07/10***
Update to fix overlay z-index order issue please read pdf

***Update 05/05/10***
A Update to allow users to add there own image buttons throught the extension to suit there own language I have included a selection of premade images to use along with a selection of new loading gifs to be used in the extension...Please read the PDF For new dowload see bottom of posting in red

A big thanks to all who helped provide a translation for image names for the buttons used in the extension you all know who your are :D :D :D thanks guys without you i would still be using babel translator...

Lightbox Slideshow
by Justin Barkhuff
***18/03/10***
Meets W3C Standards
Built with Extension Builder 2.0.3
ImageImage

Here is another version of the Lightbox Extension "what not another one I here you all say" :shock: well yes but with a little difference with this you can have it play automatically after the first image is clicked it can also display the caption area to the top or bottom of the image and it also has the <<previous next>> in the caption area as well as having the standard previous, next buttons in the image... :D read below for further info
About
Lightbox Slideshow is a simple, unobtrusive script used to overlay images on the current page.
It’s basically a better version of Lightbox2. In fact, the technical requirements and installation steps are identical to Lightbox2, but with Lightbox Slideshow, the underlying code is much better and there are lots of useful configuration options.

Here are just a few things you can do with Lightbox Slideshow that you can’t do with Lightbox2:
auto-playing slideshow navigate images via ‘prev’ and ‘next’ links in the image caption area when browsing a group of images, go from the last image to the first image (and vice versa) this is done by using the keyboard see below for keys to use.
c = close lightbox
p = previous image
n = next image
f = display first image
l = display last image
s = toogle lightbox
move the caption above the image.

Lightbox Slideshow v1.1 by Justin Barkhuff
http://www.justinbarkhuff.com/lab/lightbox_slideshow/

Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License - http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/

The Extension can be found and downloaded via the Extension Manager in WB7

Download this version allows the user of another language to add image buttons to suit ther own language with the extension...
Updated 19/07/10
Will follow once I have some free time
Last edited by BaconFries on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:40 pm, edited 7 times in total.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:10 pm

***New Extension 18/03/10***

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:32 pm

Grazie, limma..... :D

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:33 pm

Hi glad yuo like the extension... :D it may be possible to do this but I have one concern about this it requires users to make there own buttons and not all users will know how to do this..also the buttons need to be a certain size to display properly or they can distort the layout in the css then as mentioned you need to change the text display and this means they need to modify the javascript aswell to allow it to show in there own language... it could all be done in the extension but as I said below makes it a little hard due to language translations...but I will look and see....
customize the interface language this feature is not available with this version of the extension it may be added at a latter date as this requires me to test with various languages and as English is my main language it makes it hard to test with another language I do not understand. I can provide a work around that will allow the user to be able to add some extra code into the javascript file but this is for advanced users only

stamjoe

Post by stamjoe » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:10 pm

Very nice Bacon. Thanks

jordan

Post by jordan » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:18 pm

. :shock: . BaconFries get yourself a patent on lightbox/higheslide etc extensions . :D . nice one again!
+TNX for the index update mail.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Thx jordan....I have the lawyers drawing up the papers for this as I write ...lol.. :D

protectourlands

Post by protectourlands » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:53 pm

Brilliant! I love this extension! Thank you.

morgan

Post by morgan » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am

Hi BF long time no speak, this looks great. Is this a newer version of Back Box, I remember all the work you put into that one. :lol:

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:35 am

Hi morgan it has been...:) although very similar, it a whole new script I had someone/client who wanted to be able to have the backbox slideshow but wanted multiple images on one page... a search of "Google" got what I needed and well here it is I had it lying around just never got round to releasing until now...glad you like... :D hope everything is ok have your move...

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:27 pm

Hi stempel glad you like it you will also see in the extension that as well as being able to use your own buttons you can use your own text for next, stop, stopslideshow, startslideshow, etc etc...as always if I can help I will try when using your own text remember you need to use lbStringsXX for your own language a full list of lbString can be found in the pdf so be sure to read...

giula

thumbnails with different width or height

Post by giula » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:09 pm

Hallo. I have seen at http://www.justinbarkhuff.com/lab/lightbox_slideshow/ , in section Example (group of images), that is possible to create thumbnails with different width. How that is possible? how can I get this?

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:56 pm

No sorry it is not possible to display thumbnails of various sizes this is because the extension is using groups of images all at one time, so what ever height and width you give in the extension properties all image will be displayed at this size...note this does not effect the images that are displayed in the slideshow they will be shown at fullsize..

giula

Post by giula » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:27 am

ok

thx

harrismail

Post by harrismail » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:56 am

Can this extension load images only as needed and not all in advance?

I have in mind a slideshow with 5 x 50kb images that could be a problem for people with a slow connection - so at least if there was an extension that just didn't go to the next picture until it had loaded that would be fab..?

Steve