PayPal Mini Cart

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!
kevinp

PayPal Mini Cart

Post by kevinp » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:37 am

Hi

I've put together an extension for the PayPal Mini Cart for one of my sites. It's basic but works (more updates will be added later, Choose button image, transparency and hopefully more positioning options)

I've put it together from the original Mini Cart featured on PayPal labs and developed by Jeff Harrell, http://jeffreyharrell.com/2009/03/the-paypal-minicart/.

I can't see any restrictions on use and I've included Jeff's details within the extension so hopefully it is OK to share.

I have'nt produced a demo as it's linked to a live PayPal Account but you can test it in preview as seen below.

Download at http://www.mediafire.com/file/yy0mgknlm3j/PayPal MiniCart.zip

Simply extract all the files to your WB folder then add the minicart extension and the product buttons for each product, change the options (well explained within the extension) and away you go. I'll sort a PDF out when I have a bit more time.

You can also use your own PayPal buttons or even the WB buttons as long as you remove 'PayPal' from the target window on the General settings tab.
Last edited by kevinp on Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.

FredericP

Post by FredericP » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:03 am

Very nice ! I'll try soon !
Thx very much.
[url]http://Peyronnin.fr[/url]

gp2727

Post by gp2727 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:20 pm

Nice extension.....Kevin, the problem in Firefox is there is no absolute positioning coordinates for the shopping cart itself.
Also when you fix this, could you add a text description so the extension will show up with a box because now the shopping cart is just blank in design mode.

Lenny

Post by Lenny » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Hello Kevin
Very nice extension. Look forward to see a updated version.
It could be a very useful extension.
Good luck.
:D

kevinp

Post by kevinp » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:08 am

Sorry Guys, haven't had chance to work on the cart yet. My trip took a bit longer and created a bit more work than I expected.

In the meantime, if you want to add your own buttons you can use the built in 'Add to cart' paypal buttons in WB. This supports options and payment completed pages, custom buttons etc and will work with the cart extension as long as you remove the 'PayPal' as shown below.

I've also added the extension files if anyone would like to customise the extension. You can get them here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3da9 ... eaa7bc68bc

FredericP

Post by FredericP » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:52 pm

Thx very much Kevin for giving the source files. It will be possible for me to translate it in french.
[url]http://Peyronnin.fr[/url]

gp2727

Post by gp2727 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:18 am

If you use the minicart.js file like the one on the Paypal Lab page (without variables), it works properly in Firefox...
I see why you did not place the shopping cart in a box because this script writes it own html properties so it's not neccesary to build a cart
with a box because it will always show in the upper right hand corner of your browser when it works properly.....
I'm using Win 7 and the Extension builder intermittently crashes so I've had enough of this for now....Kevin, you can take it from here.....

mandrake

Post by mandrake » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:27 am

Hi Kevin, thank you for your work.
Your extension does not work with my paypal account in euros.
I have an error message from paypal.
I am French, your extension does she with us?
Thank you for your answer and Happy New Year 2010!
Best regards,

Mandrake.

kevinp

Post by kevinp » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:25 pm

It should work in Euros if the button currency is set but I'll have a test and see if I can find anything.

I've contacted the original creator regarding the firefox issues and looking to see if it can be dynamically placed on the page rather than left or right as currently is the case.

gp2727

Post by gp2727 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:28 pm

kevinp, I have solved all problems with the cart extension. I have tested it in all browsers and it works like a charm. Thanks
PS - Using a Web Builder Paypal button with it's 2 variables should be more than adequate for most WB users.

kevinp

Post by kevinp » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:15 pm

I think I have a way around that one. I'll post a new button with different payment options when I get home tonight.

You can see an example here http://www.aivahealth.co.uk/antiageing/ ... llagen.php

kevinp

Post by kevinp » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:30 pm

I'm in the process of making a button with variable parameters but really have been flat out at the moment so haven't got anything tangible yet.

I've uploaded the shipping button test I made and I've included the extension file so you should be able to twaek it to meet your needs.

Just add any extra options (currently 2) in the section HTML>Between body tag where it says

Code: Select all

<option value="$ship1cost$">$ship1desc$</option>
<option value="$ship2cost$">$ship2desc$</option>
You can copy and paste one of the lines and just change to $ship3costs$ etc (or whatever you want to call them.

You can get the files from
http://www.mediafire.com/file/oijgjvgwxjj/PayPal Mini Cart Button with shipping.zip

Remember to change/add the properties in the shipping catagory on the properties page to match the variables.

Not had chance to look at the Firefox issues so it would be handy if gp2727 could upload his solution.

Hope this helps

zinc

Post by zinc » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:32 pm

Kevin;

Simply wonderful!!!! I am sooooooo impressed. Thank you and well done.

Can I make a suggestion?

Can you add a property for custom image? This will make it easier to select a custom image rather than copy the file into the folder manually.

kevinp

Post by kevinp » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:59 pm

I've uploaded a new button which gives two editable payment options and allows for a custom button image.

It was a bit of a rush job but I hope it helps for now.

You can get it at http://www.mediafire.com/file/2tn0y4otqwq/PayPal Mini Cart Button with Payment Option.zip

I've included the project files so if you want more than two simply add more lines where it says

Code: Select all

<option value="$option1$">$option1desc$</option>
<option value="$option2$">$option2desc$</option>
and update the options to match

uniformality

Post by uniformality » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:59 pm

Hi, very nice extension, but i cant get it to work. its ok when i preview, works fine but as soon as i publish all that happens irs it navigates to a paypal page.

i removed paypal from the 'target' box and i using the standard 'add to cart' paypal button.
any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Paul