Google Maps API v3 ***Re-Released 17/07/2014*** (Deprecated)

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!
BaconFries

Re: Google Maps API v3 ***Update 07/06/11***

Post by BaconFries » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:45 pm

***Update 07/06/11***
Link added for Google map markers added please see first posting

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:34 pm

This is because IE9 is using hardware-accelerated text using sub-pixel Microsoft ClearType font positioning. This will make the font you used look different in display compared to older versions of IE you can trying
Page properties>Misc>Compatibilty>Emulate IE this should force it to look how it should. You can also read more on hardware-accelerated text below..
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... s.85).aspx

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:32 pm

I take a look and see why this maybe happening looking at my extension it could be due to the wrong doctype getting outputted...this is only something I can fix...I will also add compatibilty mode to the extension as well to allow emulation for older browsers...

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:05 pm

Ok to over come this we need to do add this ’in place of the '
For example:
Mrs. Lewis ' s car is nice.
becomes below but will render/display correctly when published/previewed
Mrs. Lewis’s car is nice.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:06 pm

Is it possible to have the balloon tip show when the map loads instead of having to click on the marker..
Sorry the map only uses a onclick event to dispaly the ballon.

Cant reall say it could just be a small lag in time for it to be brought into your page and when you refresh it gets called fater because it is already in your browsers cache.
The extension alread has this feature installed if you notice the small man icon in the map if the users drags this on top of the pin icon it will give a streetview..

smartmedia

Post by smartmedia » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:56 pm

Hi..

I spend 2 hours to figure out why the extension not working for me. I was getting the Lat & Lon from here
Well, in the extension the order is Lon & Lat instead of Lat & Lon, during copy i din't notice. Please correct it because i am sure some users will have the same result as me.
Question:
Why you create an extra page for the extension like googlemaps.html you can't just use the code inside a div...???
Notice:
In the field (Map Icon Image Title) i add a message in Greek but is shown as Chinese. Any idea why...??? Perhaps because u using the extra page googlemaps.html.

That's all for now. Thanks
infogate
<script type="text/javascript">jQuery.noConflict();</script>

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:50 pm

I spend 2 hours to figure out why the extension not working for me. I was getting the Lat & Lon from here Well, in the extension the order is Lon & Lat instead of Lat & Lon,
If you maybe had spent either 5 minutes looking through previous posts you would have found the anwser or taking the time to post and I would have replied...
Why you create an extra page for the extension like googlemaps.html you can't just use the code inside a div...???
WHY so that you can use more than one map per site and because the javascript that it is using is HTML 5 complient if you try and mix on the same page the w3C gives errors that is why it is in a iframe....
In the field (Map Icon Image Title) i add a message in Greek but is shown as Chinese. Any idea why...??? Perhaps because u using the extra page googlemaps.html.
I dont know I dont speak greek!!!!! and I have no need to use cryliic characters .....I dont and cant test to make sure it works for every persons language that would take forever...did you try using with the unicode version of the builder?????

And finally if you dont like how the Map works or how I bulit it ...then there are more than just this one available to use...and YES that will be ALL for now

smartmedia

Post by smartmedia » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:46 pm

I do not like your attitude mate.. If you're upset from something else is not my fault. I was only make some comments.
infogate
<script type="text/javascript">jQuery.noConflict();</script>

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:07 pm

I dont like your attitude That's all for now. I took this as A INSULT hence me writing the way I did... and again if you dont like the extension move on use another or make your own....and just to let you know I am happy to make any fix that needs making when it is asked nicely....but when I feel I have been insulted I will speak back...

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:25 pm

Ok I have looked at the map, and the url you have in the bubble, and it does look disorted in IE :? and not in FF, if you just use the url by itself, inserted into IE address bar and view it is also distored, so this tells me it is nothing to do with the extension, but how IE it rendering the page which is infact using flash to display the streetview, you can see this yourself by looking at the following url which you are using, so it is a browser issue(IE) which the extension has no control over, it also looks like the url is using a older version on the map code (API v2) in the flash that IE cant render the same as Firefox...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... ed&layer=c

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:04 pm

No sorry the information window will only open/display after the user has clicked on the location pin or icon used...

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:11 am

Hey BaconFries,

Can this extension have multiple "spots" on the same .php page, as done on this website's page:

http://willbanksmetals.com/Contact

?
www.ktravisj.com

Travis J Consulting, LLC -
Website Design/Development/Maintenance, Web-Marketing/Social Media/Social Networking, SEO/Search Engine Optimization

www.ktravisj.com

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:02 am

You should be able to use as many maps as you want, aslong as each map has its own reference , by this googlemap.html, googlemap1.html etc etc...

zinc

Post by zinc » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:20 am

BF I am not sure if you have mentioned this but I find this site useful for your extension

http://www.getlatlon.com/
Good news everyone!

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:20 pm

Tnx B for the ups on this site...I have never used it but it will come in handy, when I do a update of the extension when required and will add the url to the pdf ....