Google Maps API v3 ***Update 09/11/12***

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!

Google Maps API v3 ***Update 09/11/12***

Postby BaconFries » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:17 pm

***Update 09/11/12***
Extension has been updated to use the latest build of the "Extension Builder" 4.0.1 this is due to it been posted that it was not displaying after it had been installed by some users.
Before installing this update please remove all previous version that you may have installed this is because I have renamed the extension so that I know that you have the latest build...so please remove before reinstalling.
****Update****
Uploaded a select of map makers pins to be used with the extension

***Updated 09/03/11***
Meets W3C Standards
ImageImage

***Update 24/04/11***
Navigation controls have remove and replaced by Pan, Zoom and street view controls you can now set each one to display were you wish. please read the pdf for more information.
You do not need to update only if you wish to use the new control positions used in the updated extension.

***Update 15/03/11***
Fuxed icon image position

***Update 09/03/11***
Update you can now add a title to the googlemap html also added user can insert meta tags into the <head> of the html also fixed <div id="map_canvas"></div> height, width...
This version of the google map was built with Extension builder 2.6.0 and is for WB 7.x.x
Google Maps Javascript API Version 3

"I ask that all users update to this version of the extension as Google maps v2 official Javascript API has been officially deprecated as per Googles deprecation policy."
Please note that this is no longer a translated version but a total rebuild of the map using the latest API.

The Google Maps Javascript API lets you embed Google Maps in your own web pages. Version 3 of this API is especially designed to be faster and more applicable to mobile devices, as well as traditional desktop browser applications.

Note: The Google Maps Javascript API Version 3 documented is now the official Javascript API. Version 2 of this API has been officially deprecated as per our deprecation policy. We encourage you to migrate your code to this newly updated and enhanced version!

Please read the PDF that is enclosed it explains just about all how to use the map before saying it doesnt work....

Download For Web Builder 8.5.1 only, avaiable in Extension Manager for all registered users

Download link for Map markers ONLY this does not contain the extension.
link removed
Last edited by BaconFries on Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:07 pm, edited 26 times in total.
BaconFries

Postby zinc » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:23 pm

BF Yet another QUALITY work from you!!! thank you soooooo much for getting it into English. Great Stuff.
web . branding . print
Zinc | http://www.madebyzinc.com
zinc

Postby jordan » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:39 pm

Nice work & thx for your mail for the extension index . :D .
jordan

Postby Eddy » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:25 pm

Great Job Baconfries,many users wil happy with the translated German extensions.
Eddy

Postby BaconFries » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:32 pm

Thanks Eddy I thought I could see what I could do even with limited German..
BaconFries

Postby zinc » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:34 pm

BaconFries wrote:Thanks Eddy I thought I could see what I could do even with limited German..

Now BF if you could do now do their YouTube version... :mrgreen: (Frankly that should be built into WWB current YT support).
web . branding . print
zinc

Postby missemi » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:55 am

You've done great joob Becon Fries! I think many users was waiting for it (include me) and there it is :D Thank you
missemi

cant see extension

Postby jmhedges » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:58 am

Hi
I am a complete newbie but want to use this extension. I have downloaded it and put it into my WYSIWYG folder. I have read the PDF file BUT - I can't see it in my Toolbox or anything. I have re-started the programme.
If I go into my folder and click on googlemaps.wbs it says it is created in a newer version of WYSIWYG, starts to open then freezes. I have checked for updates and it says I have the latest version. I have registered and have paid for my copy of WYSIWYG.
OR
My friend wants me to put this AA map in but HTML is Beyond me . Can anyone help me install this AA map?
http://widget.maps.aa.co.nz/widgetcreat ... 1a643130c4
jmhedges

Postby jmhedges » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:01 am

Ooops
Put it in My WYSIWYG folder in My Documents not Programme Files
Sorry
jmhedges

Re: cant see extension

Postby zinc » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 am

jmhedges wrote:Hi
I am a complete newbie but want to use this extension. I have downloaded it and put it into my WYSIWYG folder. I have read the PDF file BUT - I can't see it in my Toolbox or anything. I have re-started the programme.
If I go into my folder and click on googlemaps.wbs it says it is created in a newer version of WYSIWYG, starts to open then freezes. I have checked for updates and it says I have the latest version. I have registered and have paid for my copy of WYSIWYG.
OR
My friend wants me to put this AA map in but HTML is Beyond me . Can anyone help me install this AA map?
http://widget.maps.aa.co.nz/widgetcreat ... 1a643130c4

From the toolbox on the left hand side of the application you select

HTML

bring it on to the page and double click on it.

Give it a name (AA Map for example)

Paste this code from the AA site:

<iframe src="http://widget.maps.aa.co.nz/widget.html?id=67f4d7de-dad1-102c-a917-001a643130c4&w=300&h=240&z=4&iw=1&sb=1&mc=2" width="300" height="240" scrolling="auto" frameborder="0" border="0" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

and that's it really. :)
web . branding . print
zinc

Postby jmhedges » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:39 am

Thank you so much. Really WYSIWYG is so easy and versatile. Thanks again
Jean
jmhedges

Postby zinc » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:20 am

BF;

I am tryin to get the map to display the bubble when it loads rather than clicking on the pin. What am I missing? I cannot see any parameters for this.
web . branding . print
zinc

Postby BaconFries » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:35 pm

Hi B I dont think this is possible but I may be wrong I dont remember if the german version had this feature or not I will try and look at it and see I may email and ask"Goemo" if theres had this and see were my translation got "Lost in Translation" somewhere I will let you know oneway or the other....still off work as you know why lol....
BaconFries

google map

Postby eme22 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:03 am

HI,
i use google map in my web site ( not yet puplish) and every things is ok ... but when press preview i see the ( info ballon) empty although i write the same code as you tell us in pdf ...and my code like this :
<br>B Ring RD <br> IS THIS CORRECT CODE or need some fix it ????

:roll:

Thank's
eme22

Postby BaconFries » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:56 am

Morning eme22 Ok you need to add the address like this
Examples
<br>Your Name<br>House/Building Number/Apartment Number, Your Address<br>Your Post Code Your City/Your Town<br>
<br>Jonny B Good<br>28,Renfrew St<br>GA1 Glasgow<br>
Map Example
How to enter in extension properties
BaconFries

Next

Return to Share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder