GreyBox Browser Extension***Updated 23/06/11***

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
BaconFries

GreyBox Browser Extension***Updated 23/06/11***

Post by BaconFries »

***Updated 02/01/10***
Meets W3C Standards
Built with Extension Builder 2.0.2
Image Image

GreyBox Browser uses the same popup style as the Greybox Gallery except it displays a webpage instead of images you can have multple links displayed on your page and when clicked will open to webpage you have inserted in the extension it will also open each url you have inserted by simply ckicking on the next or previous tabs.

Demo at authors site look for Website gallery Launch Google search
http://orangoo.com/labs/GreyBox/

New Download 23/06/11
Extesion avaiable via extension manager
Last edited by BaconFries on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:31 am, edited 19 times in total.
zinc

Post by zinc »

BF Superb!!! Well done & thank you.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Yer Welcome :D
zinc

Post by zinc »

BF I have one problem. When I place it on the page and run it. It keeps jumping to the top left corner of the page in the browser. I am using FireFox.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

:oops: I see what you mean I will get this sorted and repost :oops:
zinc

Post by zinc »

BaconFries wrote::oops: I see what you mean I will get this sorted and repost :oops:
Cool. While you are at it, is there anyway to control the hyperlink style?
zinc

Post by zinc »

BF;

How can I get this to launch a site in a popup window as shown on the authors site?

http://orangoo.com/labs/GreyBox/

where it says launch in a 500x500 window?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Yes it can done but not with this extension...although I use all the same css, js files it is the html that is different for each extension see below and you will see what I mean the first one is what your asking about and the second is what I used for the extension.....
One Site 500x500
<a href="http://google.com/" title="Google" rel="gb_page_center[500, 500]">Launch google.com in a 500x500 center window</a>
Website Gallery
<a href="http://google.com/" title="Google" rel="gb_pageset[search_sites]">Launch Google search</a>
zinc

Post by zinc »

Thanks BF, So how do I use this again?

Please the extension of the page and add the HTML code to its HTML property? or am I wrong?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Drag the extension on to page and open in extension properties enter this
In Browser Window add the url (http://www.google.com)or url of site used
In Page Title add the Title of page/site (Google) or name of site
In Page Link add the link name (Visit Google) or whatever you want to name it
thanksjc also added this
Sorry, I am talking about GreyBox Browser. I found out the issue. When copying the extension to add multiple sites, you MUST copy the ORIGINAL and not copy one of the copies. If you do, then it doubles everything and instead of say 5 links, you'll have 10.

Also, after making the copies I simply made the copies not visible in the object manager and left visible only the original. I hope this helps somebody
zinc

Post by zinc »

BaconFries wrote:Yes it can done but not with this extension...although I use all the same css, js files it is the html that is different for each extension see below and you will see what I mean the first one is what your asking about and the second is what I used for the extension.....
One Site 500x500
<a href="http://google.com/" title="Google" rel="gb_page_center[500, 500]">Launch google.com in a 500x500 center window</a>
Website Gallery
<a href="http://google.com/" title="Google" rel="gb_pageset[search_sites]">Launch Google search</a>
BF it is not a must but would be great if you could add such option to the extension. Something like open in popup mode or something. Still great stuff. Will email you once I have used it. Cheers
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

As you probally know me by now sneil I will see what can be done I may release as a extension on its own......
zinc

Post by zinc »

BaconFries wrote:As you probally know me by now sneil I will see what can be done I may release as a extension on its own......
BF I know I just mentioned it as I know you have a lot on and don't want to sound ungrateful. :)
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi danielfassis I dont think this is possible as it was part of the original script I used from the auhtor to make the extension. But to do this you would need to implement a cookie to control this and some extra code maybe in js/php so that it would keep a note of the users IP and inform them that they have already used the form or whatever you use the extension for I have to say with this I cant help it would also mean modifying the original script too again sorry.....
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Nah dont worry about it mate I will try to get a look at it I think I even started it just need to take a look in HD....
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

It is now possible to use rows in the "GreyBox" extension user can now set the number of rows to be displayed: Example if you add 15 images and set the column variable to 5 when displayed you will now see you have 3 rows each with 5 images.
A thanks goes out to Eddy with this....enjoy. :D :D

This was posted in the wrong greybox to view the new greybox please visit here apoligises :oops:
viewtopic.php?t=19301
Last edited by BaconFries on Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

My mistake new link will be added within the next minute or two :oops:
Itailianboy please see here for correct download

viewtopic.php?t=19301
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

11/09/09 ***UpDate***
This should fix issues with some user have had with text layout I have removed the css from the extension but have placed in a external file so it should corrpt any css made by WB
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

12/09/09 ***UpDate***
This should fix issues is to relace the previous new download available in original posting
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

***Update 19/11/09***
Have removed all css from the extension as it was giving issues with other code in WB. You can still select color, font from within the extension as before so you will still be able to set as needed.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

***Updated 02/01/10***
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi Ghio thanks for letting me know about this there does seem to be a issue with this file on mediafire, I uploaded a fresh file to download but getting the same issue with this too I have uploaded to another server see original post for download link....
Last edited by BaconFries on Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

The extension doesnt allow you to change the size of the window this is a fixed size it was also just made to the code/script of the original author, this would also defeat the purpose of the other greybox extension named onesite which allows you to set the width and height, all the greybox extensions are individual in there ownway made to how the original script used them. You can change the text effect but not within the extension itself it did at one time have this but was found to cause other text used on the page to have the same effect as the extension ie the font size, color used in extension would overwrite the font color you used for text on page so this was removed...but you can still give it a mouseover text effect using what is shown in image
Greybox Browser Prperties
BaconFries

Re: GreyBox Browser Extension***Updated 21/10/10***

Post by BaconFries »

21/10/10
***Update New Build For WB7 only****
amrajadhyaksha

Post by amrajadhyaksha »

Few basic level questions, please bear with me.

1 The PDF says
*** IMPORTANT CHANGE FOR WB7 ***
The location of the extesions in WYSIWYG Web Builder 7 is now
My Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\extensions\
How to install this extension so it is available in WYSIWYG Web Builder?
Copy all files from this zip file to the Web Builder folder. Usually this folder is called: C:\Program Files\WYSIWYG Web Builder 7
After restarting the application, the GreyBox Browser will be available in the
Toolbox and main menu.

So exactly where should I place these?

2 Does this mean I delete the earlier file or keep this on as a patch or something?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

If you are using WB7 then the location of were you would install the extension to has changed this is now
My Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\extensions\ you can read more at the following url
viewtopic.php?t=30276&highlight=

The update was compliled because some users reported that the previous version was not working in WB7, I would install this new version as it is the latest build and then you will know you should have any issues with it not loading in WB7...
BaconFries

Re: GreyBox Browser Extension***Updated 30/10/10***

Post by BaconFries »

***Update 30/10/10*** small fix to sort the underline in the extension output in IE8...
Extension has be re compiled with Ext Builder 2.5.2 (Only for WB7.2.1)
BaconFries

Re: GreyBox Browser Extension***Updated 30/10/10***

Post by BaconFries »

I will try and look at this sometime later tomorrow, but as I am taking a leave of the forum for a while I cant promise anything sorry...
BaconFries

Re: GreyBox Browser Extension***Updated 31/03/11***

Post by BaconFries »

Extension has been updated .....31/03/11
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

This has already be fixed... :) It looks like you are using a older version of the extension please re dowload again
greybox.gif
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I do not want to repeat, I will not be unpleasant, but if I do so, it does work. instead the image extension is under other objects
WELL I DO THINK SO I have downloaded and installed and IT WORKS for ME it it doesnt for you then I am sorry...I will not be making any CHANGES to this also note that the extension is PROVIDED FREE there is NO Guarantee that it will work if you do not like then please do not use it and use another extension that will do as YOU want....... :evil: this extension was made with Extension 2.6 in this version it shows 1.0.0 as this is the release version NOT what version of the builder it was made with like earlier versions when I make a update to this I then change the 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 this the repesents the latest version but I WILL not be making any as it is not required....

Extension has been updated .....31/03/11
release.gif
grey ontop.gif
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Yes it was strong and I will say again, I have tried and tested the extension, I am using the latest version and it works for me...I will not be updating as it is not required other than that I will remove the extension as it seems it is of no use as you have issues with it ...and if your are having issues then other will so I will remove it....
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Then please do not try to be rude I have already said I will not be making any changes to the extension it is provided on the basis of "ASIS" meaning it will either work or it will not it is your choice to use it....this is now closed if anyone else wants to take the time and make there own version so that it will do what you want they are free to do so....
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

Bacon,
Am I missing something :oops: , where is the download link? It is not on the first post of this thread
Check the new Chat GPT and Malware detect extensions at the link below

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
---------------------------------------------------------
www.Lucknowwebs.com
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Link was removed please read previous posts.... :( this is because I felt I was beign harrased...so it is not avaiable anymore if someone else feels they wish to rebuild then they can, sorry.... :(
protectourlands

Post by protectourlands »

Hopefully time has healed this wound. Any chance you will consider reposting this extension? I used to have it but had to replace my computer after the drive was lost.

Many of us out here use your fabulous extensions and admire and appreciate your efforts BaconFries. Please, pretty please? :D
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@ protectourlands as always thanks for the kind words and for appreciating what I do... :D If I release this is it will not because I am backing down it is simply because I know there are many users who do appreciate my work even though some choose not too....keep a eye here for a update
protectourlands

Post by protectourlands »

You've made my day. You rock!
stamjoe

Post by stamjoe »

Good morning Bacon,
i have a problem with the extension, i use it to my web site but when i preview the links are underlined,
how can i remove the line?
Thanks man and keep up the good work.
Joe
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi as you may have noticed the extension has been removed.....till I reupload the extension you can try this add the following in Page HTML between<head></head>tasgs* this should fix the underline
<style type="text/css">
<!--
a {text-decoration: none}
//-->
</style>
stamjoe

Post by stamjoe »

Thanks Bacon, i will try it.
Joe
stamjoe

Post by stamjoe »

Bacon you mean to open the HTML file with an text editor and add the code? or in the WB7 with a HTML box?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

No simply install the extension, then Page HTML
joehtml.gif
stamjoe

Post by stamjoe »

Thank you very much Bacon,
it works fine. No more Lines...
Joe