Webshop Plus! v.2.0 for WWB7

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

Postby Navaldesign » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:23 pm

You may add or delete as many product pages as necessary. The demo project is just an example, so it is coming with 1 main (catalog type) and 4 subpages for products, but for your own cart you can do whatever necessary.
Navaldesign

Re: Modified version of the WB5 Webshop!! Webshop_plus

Postby baby heff » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:05 pm

Navaldesign wrote:We have created a modified version of the WB5 Webshop. The modified Webshop allows you to manage all aspects of your cart without need to change a single line of code, as ALL possible changes are made through an Administration Interface.

The following changes / additions have been made:

1. You can now use Option dropdowns or input fields (up to 8 ). In example, you may have Size and Color for a product, or allow the customer to type his preferences.
2. You can now add a hidden field to the product, to calculate Taxes (separately for each product, so you can have different tax categories)
3. You can now create and distribute Promotion (discount) codes. The script will check and apply the relevant discount. It includes minimum order amout for discount.
4. We have transformed the script to be able to accept only PayPal. Now a page called "thankyou1" and a page called "checkout1" are included.
If you wish to have also credit card details, use pages "thankyou" and "checkout"
If you want only PayPal, open the project in WB5, DELETE pages "checkout" and "thankyou", and RENAME "thankyou1" --> "thankyou" and "checkout1" --> "checkout".
5. We have added a command that strips slashes added by PHP infront of quotes.

6. We have added a Administration Area. This allows you to manage some of the script details. In particular:

a. You no longer need to edit the code in the pages with your email address, domain name, shop title etc. You simply fill in a form with these details in the Admin area, and the script will retrieve them from there.
b. You can change the currency (and currency symbol). You can select any among the currencies currently supported by PayPal, through a dropdown.
c. You can set the Success and Cancel Order pages
d. You can set colors and font family / size for the Cart page, and you can do so separately for the Titles, the Totals and the Product rows.
e. You can set fixed shipping charges, handling charges and variable (with the amount) shipping charges.
f. You can now set up to 4 tax categories, and assign your products a tax ID so the script will also calculate Taxes.
g. You can now set up to 4 Promotion (discount) codes.
h. Now ALL the labels (text) used by the cart are adjustable through the Administrator interface. This is the easiest way to change the cart language, without changing a single line of code.
i. We have added a Order Numbering feature that will assign your orders an ID number starting from wherever you like. It will then autoinrement this order number by 1 for each order.

You can see a fully functional demo shop, which embeds the above features, at http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/wb5/cart1

You can see the Administrator Interface DEMO, at http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/wb5/cart ... n_demo.php

You can download the zip with the WB5 project as well as the rest of the files at http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/wb5/webshop_plus.zip

Instructions:

Download the zip. Create a folder called "webshop_plus" inside your WYSIWYG5 folder. Extract the zip content in this folder.

Open the WB5 project and edit the visual part of the pages as desired. Create your product pages in place of the ones included in the demo. Save. Publish the project on your site

Create a folder called "admin" in the same folder where you have published the webshop files, in your hosting account.

Using FTP or File Manager, upload all the files in the zip "admin" folder, into the "admin" folder on the site.

To open the Administration area, type in your browser:

http://www.yourdomain.com/admin/ or, if you have published the cart in a folder of its own (in example, in the folder "cart" the URL will be:

http://www.yourdomain.com/cart/admin

Use username: admin and Password: admin

You can change them to whatever desired as soon as you login.

------------------------------------------------------
Update March 2, 2009: Added Tax Categories, Promotion Codes, Error message, and ability to change the the language in ALL pages, emails etc without Editing the code.

hi navaldesign,

can i use this shopping cart for like 4000 products?
baby heff

Postby Navaldesign » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:21 am

Of course you can, the cart doesn't keep the products in any kind of database or file, so it is not affected by the number of products.

However, if i had 4000 products, i would probably like some features from my cart, like search ability, stock control, statistics, automatic low stock alarm, and more. It is obvious that a professional cart would be better.
Navaldesign

Postby baby heff » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:54 pm

Navaldesign wrote:Of course you can, the cart doesn't keep the products in any kind of database or file, so it is not affected by the number of products.

However, if i had 4000 products, i would probably like some features from my cart, like search ability, stock control, statistics, automatic low stock alarm, and more. It is obvious that a professional cart would be better.

thank you
baby heff

Cash On Demand Payment as an option?

Postby china » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:43 pm

Helo. Must say i respect your work with the shopping chart solution. its greate and easy to use. However is it possible to integrate an additional payment solution without the use of PP or Creditcard, like banktransfer? f.ex implement a button that says click here to pay cash / via banktransf, then a confirmation email wil be sendt to the customer with the details of the acc number address etc??

Reg
Bjoernstad
china

Postby Navaldesign » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:17 am

This is not hard to do. Add the payment you like in the dropdown. Then you need to add some code in the "thankyou" page that will send this email. However, you can also simply display these details in the "thankyou" page instead of mailing them.
Navaldesign

Additional Payment option

Postby china » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:12 am

Tnx friend.
I never done any coding in my life, but il give it a good try :lol: .
Hope you wont mind me asking you for some help if i cant figure it out by my self :idea: ?

Tnx again
Best regards frm Norway
Bjoernstad
china

Postby andysutils » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:11 pm

wow this is great, just one question, is there anyway i can bind the shiping fees into weight instead of prices? eg would be add a hidden field into my product form called "weight" and bind it to calculate from that field instead of "price"

Regards
andysutils

Postby Navaldesign » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:10 pm

andysutils wrote:wow this is great, just one question, is there anyway i can bind the shiping fees into weight instead of prices? eg would be add a hidden field into my product form called "weight" and bind it to calculate from that field instead of "price"

Regards

Not as the cart is right now. There sould be another form, for calculating the shiping fees based on weight, as well as a "selector" for the Administrator to select which method he wants for shiping calculation.
I'll see what i can do.
Navaldesign

Postby andysutils » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:56 pm

Navaldesign wrote:
andysutils wrote:wow this is great, just one question, is there anyway i can bind the shiping fees into weight instead of prices? eg would be add a hidden field into my product form called "weight" and bind it to calculate from that field instead of "price"

Regards

Not as the cart is right now. There sould be another form, for calculating the shiping fees based on weight, as well as a "selector" for the Administrator to select which method he wants for shiping calculation.
I'll see what i can do.
Thanks a lot, much appreciated. 8)
andysutils

Postby andysutils » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:57 am

Navaldesign wrote:

Regards

I'll see what i can do.
Hey naval, any luck with this yet? i know your very busy though.

I modified the whole older version of the webshop with my own code so i know a basic knowledge of PHP if it would be easier just to explain to me how i can try and do it myself?

Regards
Andy
andysutils

Postby Navaldesign » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:01 am

Sorry, have had no time. You see, I will need to transform not only for you but for anyone, so each user can select which calculation he wants performed. This as you understand requires some work which i din't have the time to complete.
Navaldesign

Postby andysutils » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:32 am

Navaldesign wrote:Sorry, have had no time. You see, I will need to transform not only for you but for anyone, so each user can select which calculation he wants performed. This as you understand requires some work which i din't have the time to complete.
no problem i understand, thanks for letting me know anyway, it is still a superb piece of work none the less and i will continue to use it.

Thanks
andysutils

Postby powelli » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:29 pm

*PLEASE SEE THE NEXT POST FOR UPDATE*

Hi, I just need to check two things I published the shop cart, with an extra page called admin and using the file publisher uplaoded the files in the admin folder.
I think this may be wrong as since I have done this my index file is redirected to /admin.php

I have since delated this page on my cpanel re publised the entire website not the shop cart and it still redirects to admin.php.
Last edited by powelli on Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
powelli

Postby powelli » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:51 pm

okay ive stopped the redirect thing but the cart.php dose not seem to work heres the link if anyone dosent mind having a look.
ta

http://www.toys4kidz.co.uk/shop.php

as well

http://www.toys4kidz.co.uk/admin.php
powelli

PreviousNext

Return to Shopping Carts