HighSlide PDF Display *** No Longer Supported***

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
BaconFries

HighSlide PDF Display *** No Longer Supported***

Post by BaconFries »

***02/08/12***
It has been brought to my attension that the extension is no longer working as it should "displaying in a highslide window" and users getting asked to open the PDF in there choice of PDF reader installed on there PC. Note this is not a issue with the extension it is down to it being a browse feature to not allow PDF's not to be displayed using a iframe within the highslide window. For this reason I have decided to no longer support the extension and it will no longer be available to download. I apoligise for this but it is out of my hands as I have no control over how the enduser has there browser set to allow PDF's to be displayed.

***16/08/11***
Extension has been update to the latest builder and is available from the "Extension Manager" in WB7

Meets W3C Standards Image Image
Built with Extension Builder 2.0.2

***Update*** Have upload another version nof the extension to allow users to display a line of text beside the image, I have also just left the image version to download as well just incase some prefer that....enjoy

***Update 11/05/11*** small update to fix image sizing to stop overlaping....see second mediafire download

***Updated 29/09/10***
Version for WB7 PDF's were reported as not displaying see mediafire for download

/******************************************************************************
Name: Highslide JS
Version: 4.0.11 (January 21 2009)
Config: default
Author: Torstein Hønsi
Support: http://highslide.com/support

Licence:
Highslide JS is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5
License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/).
You are free:
* To use for personal use only.
* To copy, distribute, display, and perform the work.
* To make derivative works.
* Noncommercial.You may not use this work for commercial purposes personal use only.
* For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license
terms of this work.(See Above)
* Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.

Your fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above.
******************************************************************************/
Please vist the link below for more details on how to purchase commercial licence.
http://highslide.com

PDF Image Photobucket...right click and "Save As"
Last edited by BaconFries on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:13 am, edited 20 times in total.
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

I can't change the width
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi Lenny I have tested the extension and it worked fine the issue is with FireFox I have now fixed this issue. Please re-download and try updated extension I have added a width property in settings so that is not just the objectwidth can be set. Both objectwidth and width need to be the same. Let me know if this works.
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

BaconFries wrote:Hi Lenny I have tested the extension and it worked fine the issue is with FireFox I have now fixed this issue. Please re-download and try updated extension I have added a width property in settings so that is not just the objectwidth can be set. Both objectwidth and width need to be the same. Let me know if this works.
It works perfectly :D
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Evening just checked and it seems to working fine in opera... what seems to the problem when you use the extension does it not display does it fail to open I will try to help you in anyway I can

Recent Sreendump took 20:30
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Also just checked Safari....
Screndump as of 20:44
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Just to make sure I installed chrome to see if it was compatible with it too
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi Steinsk can you tell me what happens when you try to use the extension. If there is a problem with the extension I would like to know so that I can fix the error for you and any other users that use it with Opera.
As you will see I tested with just about all browsers avaiable well popular browsers anyway and it seems to work fine so if I can help in anyway I will to try and get it to work for you.
chattd

pdf icon size

Post by chattd »

Hi
Great extension, is there anyway to increase the size of the icon when displayed on website, ive tried to select another picture to display but it is to small.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi chattd yes this can be done I will update this feature in the properties of the extension. I will try and get it updated and posted sometime today. When new update is avaiable look in original posting for it.
chattd

Post by chattd »

Thanks
:D
chattd

Post by chattd »

Briliant Excellent Thanks :D :D :D :D
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Welcome right for my next trick.... :idea: :D
star57

Post by star57 »

I do have a non profit site that I will be using it on, as its perfect for that app, never thought Adobe would give you that! I am not that great at scripting as you are. And thought it might be possible.

Thanks Baconfries
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi thanksjc as of ***21/02/09*** this is the latest release I have just downloaded at 12:40 sun 3rd may link seems to be working fine I would try downloading again mediafire has been having some issues lately. I will look into what you are saying about having to refresh page to view and will post my findings. Glad you like the extension.

Update 14:07
Ok I have checked what you were saying about having to refresh to view again after you close I have installed the extension and tried it out and it seems to be working fine it works in preview and for a demo I have uploaded to test server/host to try and working ok see demo link below what version of pdf reader are you using foxit, adobe....If I can help with your issue I will.
http://justtesting123.comuf.com/pdf.html
http://jonnydorito.brinkster.net/pdf/pdf.html

Update 16:54
A new update will be released later today that will fix issue in firefox it will be posted in original posting for download
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi thanksjc yes I left it like this for testing and at time of posting the first link was under review from host so I just left "as is".. the second post is the fixed code I am posting new link as I write this please visit the original posting for new download you can let5 me know if new extension works for you....
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

As of 3:44 link seems to be working fine please try again with mediafire as this is my prefered site to use as I dont like using rapidshare due to waiting times and speed restrictions....
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Thx thanksjc glad it worked ok for you
zinc

Post by zinc »

BF I love this extension but one suggestion:

Please add ALT text for FIREFOX as well, otherwise it rocks!!!!
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi sneil a little bit of research shows that the alt tag on mouseover is not supported in FF, but title is. alt tags in FF only displays if the image does not load. I am looking to see if there is a work around this I think it may be I either use the "alt" or "title" not both if I just use "title" I believe it will show in firefox.

Update 22:28 24/05/09
Ok after posting this I read further and I will do a little testing in the extension with just using "title" in all browsers see if it shows in all and then test with both "alt" and "title" and post findings.
Update 22:37 24/05/09
Just down a quick test and using "title" in the html and works in all browsers I will make the change in extension and upload when completed.
Last edited by BaconFries on Sun May 24, 2009 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zinc

Post by zinc »

BaconFries wrote:Hi sneil a little bit of research shows that the alt tag on mouseover is not supported in FF, but title is. alt tags in FF only displays if the image does not load. I am looking to see if there is a work around this I think it may be I either use the "alt" or "title" not both if I just use "title" I believe it will show in firefox.
Sorry mate that is what I meant TITLE because I did put it for iFrame+ as there was only ALT text at the time. If it is not poss it is ok as it is still a cracking extension. :wink:
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

I am on the verge of using this lovely extension.
Though one question, I have several pdf files that I want to open with this extension on separate pages(I am not interested in using folders ). Can this be done or each will over write each other?
A quick reply will be appreciated.
Check the new Chat GPT and Malware detect extensions at the link below

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
---------------------------------------------------------
www.Lucknowwebs.com
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Morning me.prosenjeet yes you can use it this way I have just tested with multiple pdf's on same page and each one opens with the correct pdf file so using it on individual pages shouldnt cause any problems....
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

BaconFries wrote:Morning me.prosenjeet yes you can use it this way I have just tested with multiple pdf's on same page and each one opens with the correct pdf file so using it on individual pages shouldnt cause any problems....
Dear Bacon,
Good Morn....Wow thats a great piece of script...thanks Bacon!

Above all, appreciate your quick reply.....Thanks a ton :lol:

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
www.Lucknowwebs.com
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

BTW, I am not seeing Vardana in the font selection in this extension.....and I am using that font on this site...so kind of mismatching fonts on the site... and also choice of Bold, italics
Also if we could select the colour for the outline glow:
extension->settings->outline->Outer glow

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
www.Lucknowwebs.com
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hmmmm Ok I see Vardana from within the extension on my PC and it displays when I choose it.... you should be able to select any font that you wish to use as each time you use the extension it generates its own piece of code... now dont bite my head of do you have Vardana installed on your PC I only ask because it not the extension that has the fonts but it can only use what you have on your PC. About the outer glow I have no control over this as it is simply a png image supplied by the Highslide site in download if you needed another color of glow then you need to take the png supplied and change with any good image editor ie Photoshop\Coral\Fireworks etc. I will look into maybe trying to add a little seperate CSS to control the font styles as you ask but I need a little time to do this so please be patient as I need to check that it would work properly before I release.
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

.....now dont bite my head of do you have Vardana installed on your PC I only ask because it not the extension that has the fonts but it can only use what you have on your PC......
:lol: I sure have that installed...as that is the font I am using on my entire site.... I really wonder why vardana isn't showing in the extension

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
www.Lucknowwebs.com
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

It must some problem on your pc,I have verdana in the properties and the text das also publisch as verdana.

<font style="font-size:12px;font-family:Verdana;" color=#000000>
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hmmmm you should be able to check that Verdana is installed properlly on your PC trying using it in word or notepad it not I would suggest that you download Verdana from one of the many font sites let me know the outcome of this me....Thx Eddy for testing this :D
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

BaconFries wrote:Hmmmm you should be able to check that Verdana is installed properlly on your PC trying using it in word or notepad it not I would suggest that you download Verdana from one of the many font sites let me know the outcome of this me....Thx Eddy for testing this :D
NOTE PAD:

WORD

So, I have Vardana installed thats for sure. :shock:

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
www.Lucknowwebs.com
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hmmm puzzling.....here it is in the extension on my PC

me I will be away for a coulpe of hrs and will try to answer anything you ask as soon as I return....
chattd

Highslide PDF Question

Post by chattd »

Can you explain when i use Highslide PDF on any page it changes my Navigation text menu links to the same font and color as set in Highslide PDF!! when viewing in F5
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi chattd yes this is because the extension uses its own css styling for text, color, font etc when you install the extension it places this in your html so any other tex,t fon,t color gets overiding :oops: this is my fault I should have written how this is carried out using other html code. I will be fixing this sometime later today and repost a update of the extension in the first posting.....
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

****Updated17/10/09****
Update to fix a css error causing text sizes to be duplicated with users on page content text resulting in the text cont font they used to be replaced with the same the extension used....
chattd

Post by chattd »

BaconFries wrote:****Updated17/10/09****
Update to fix a css error causing text sizes to be duplicated with users on page content text resulting in the text cont font they used to be replaced with the same the extension used....
Perfect, Thanks :D
chattd

Display 'Loading please wait....'

Post by chattd »

Hi
Would it be possible to include 'Loading please wait...' in the white screen b4 the PDF is displayed. Especially when loading large PDFs.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi chattd there is already a loading gif image that gets displayed if there is a wait for loading of image/pdf/flash with highslide .. I dont know if it is possible to do what you ask as I have been reading through highslide forum on this and cant see anything on this I may post this query there see if it can be done and if it can I will try to add to the extension at some time got a heavy work load at the moment so any work on extensions will take second place... :(
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

It is possible to use as you asked all you need to do is in place of inserting the file direct into the extension you can use a url instead you will need to write it somthing like this
http://yoursite.com/pdf/yourpdffile.pdf

Screen Image
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

***Updated 27/12/09***
Meets W3C Standards Image Image
Built with Extension Builder 2.0.2
neo_webbuilder

Post by neo_webbuilder »

Hello Bacon,

Nice extension. One question however

in the extension index you speak of version 2.02

when i download the extension and install it i see in the installed extension list in wb657 version 2.01

Description of the Properties
Text
Edit the text to suit what you need example View PDF File
Font
Change the Font type to suit what font you are already using or use another form the list
Color
Choose what color of font you wish to use this may be the same as the color you are aleady
using on page.
Size
Choose a font size to display the text you used to display the Text.
Outlines

I do not have these options in version 2.0.1 to change the colors see image

I just contacted me.prosenjeet he still had version 2.0.0 in which you still can change the colors.

What happend with the versions?
To visit the global geocoder to get lattitude and longitude values click on the logo:
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Morning Neo...As you will probally know when WB 6.5 first came out it was discovered that nearly all user made extensions maybe didnt load or display or were not W3C compatible so we were asked to rebuild with EXt Builder 2.0.2 which was done but there was a small clitch in 6.5 that didnt read the Ext Builder version correctly and still saw it made with 2.01 this is now fixed. Now if memory serves me correctly the version of the extension you refeer to used some css to allow you to set the text color, size as you needed, this was found to cause any other text that you used on page to get the same settings ie if you set the font size in extension to say 16 the page text got set to 16 even though you had set to 12...so I decided to remove this. If you still want the text version I have just completed a new version with image and text and can upload to the usual place...
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

HighSlide PDF Display Updated ***09/05/10***

This download allows the user to add a line of text beside the image.
neo_webbuilder

Post by neo_webbuilder »

BaconFries wrote:Morning Neo...As you will probally know when WB 6.5 first came out it was discovered that nearly all user made extensions maybe didnt load or display or were not W3C compatible so we were asked to rebuild with EXt Builder 2.0.2 which was done but there was a small clitch in 6.5 that didnt read the Ext Builder version correctly and still saw it made with 2.01 this is now fixed. Now if memory serves me correctly the version of the extension you refeer to used some css to allow you to set the text color, size as you needed, this was found to cause any other text that you used on page to get the same settings ie if you set the font size in extension to say 16 the page text got set to 16 even though you had set to 12...so I decided to remove this. If you still want the text version I have just completed a new version with image and text and can upload to the usual place...

Morning Bacon.... Okay i can live with that. however the text as typed in in version 2.01 is not any more visible in the browser.

As i understand it clear: Now i have to add my own text by a text control beside the icon?

The whole misunderstanding came because of the help pdf which was included in version 2.01

I forgot: Thanks for the lightning fast answers again !!!
To visit the global geocoder to get lattitude and longitude values click on the logo:
neo_webbuilder

Post by neo_webbuilder »

Morning Bacon,

I have a other problem with the control. De default hight is to big. If I use a icon let's say 16 by 16 as a trigger to open the pdf the control itself remains much bigger because of the default pdf icon You use.

This way i can not put one or more extension close to each other, because one is overlapping the other and therefor cannot be clicked upon.

even in the old control with the text the default hight is 50. This way it is to big to put them nicely together.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi Neo... I will lower the settings for the height,width in the extension will try to get this done tonight and reupload....Image
neo_webbuilder

Post by neo_webbuilder »

BaconFries wrote:Hi Neo... I will lower the settings for the height,width in the extension will try to get this done tonight and reupload....Image
Thanks mate..... Lightning fast again !!!
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@ neo_webbuilder new downloaded ready to be used...
neo_webbuilder

Post by neo_webbuilder »

BaconFries wrote:@ neo_webbuilder new downloaded ready to be used...
Geud Meurning Bacon.....

Thank you very much. Even my clock isn't that reliable.

Best Regards,
Neo_Webbuilder