number of pages and folders

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
guy

number of pages and folders

Post by guy »

I am planning a site that will have hundreds of pages. (It is job related and each page contains technical info.) Each page has a max of 8 links, one small image, some of which pop up a big one, and 1 to 12 blocks of text, each the size of a medium paragraph.

1. Is there a limit to the number of pages? For example before the site is slowed considerably?

2. Is it preferable to group pages with similar content in folders?
BaconFries

Re: number of pages and folders

Post by BaconFries »

1. Is there a limit to the number of pages? For example before the site is slowed considerably?
No, the main site of WYSIWYG has hundreds of pages. If you keep everything optimized like images and the use of scripts there should be no issues.
2. Is it preferable to group pages with similar content in folders?
Yes
guy

Post by guy »

thank you
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Can I also recommend that you make one page exactly as you like it and then copy that to use as a template for all the others. It also means testing should be a lot easier.

For example, if you use a master page, have multiple breakpoints or the same menu for each, just do it once, get it working and then copy it (site manager, select the page, right click, clone page) and save it a (for example) template1. Just make sure you set that page to not be published or included in menus - and remember to reenable those when you clone THAT page for use in your site.

I do this and it makes my life much easier.

Alan