HTML5 Video player hide not all controls?

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
smile

HTML5 Video player hide not all controls?

Post by smile »

Hello is there a way to hide controls like mute, full screen, PIP, but leave progress bar, Play button and also time display?
I looked at generated code but can't figure out how to do it.
fiik

Re: HTML5 Video player hide not all controls?

Post by fiik »

Hi Smiles

here is a link to w3 schools on the HTML 5 player
https://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_video.asp

the option is to have controls or no controls, there is no selecting individual controls
there is an option to set to no controls, and then create your own control buttons using javascript, see same w3schools link for how

Perhaps you should use Plyr extension instead, this gives options for turning various controls on and off.
here is the link to the extension
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/plyr.html
(note you need to be a full registered member to use extensions)
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

As already mentioned there is no standard way to disable individual buttons in the HTML 5 Video / Audio objects. There are ways to use custom scripts (jQuery / JavaScript) to do so which you can implement yourself if you know and understand how to.
On a personal note disabling mute or hiding it from the user is a big no no. Why? well if I enter / visit a site with audio or video playing then I should be able to control it by either pausing or muting it. I shouldn't be forced to listen to it and in most cases if it is forced then I would leave.

With this said most if not all "Modern Browsers" disable auto play back if audio is detected as it was deemed to be annoying (pain in the a**) to users when entering a site with the likes playing.

This is just my two cents worth the user should have control and not forced to listen it like the annoying pop-ups you get when you try to leave a site / web page forcing you to click close to exit...
smile

Post by smile »

fiik wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:50 pm Hi Smiles

here is a link to w3 schools on the HTML 5 player
https://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_video.asp

the option is to have controls or no controls, there is no selecting individual controls
there is an option to set to no controls, and then create your own control buttons using javascript, see same w3schools link for how

Perhaps you should use Plyr extension instead, this gives options for turning various controls on and off.
here is the link to the extension
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/plyr.html
(note you need to be a full registered member to use extensions)
While I do not have access to extensions as I have trial version I however asked my friend to test this and indeed the Plyr would be the easy way to do it. However I was told that the extension has errors in chrome dev tools.

I wonder why is that? Can't the extension be made withut this error? Is it artificial stupid limitation of chrome?

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

As a trial user there is no support as previously mentioned. Also note there is no support on Free extensions they are provided "asis" Also if your friend has access to the extension as a registered user he should report this to Pablo for his attention.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Please note that 'plyr' is a third party script. It is provided "AS IS".
However, if it does not work then it most likely related to the local security setting of the browser.
It should work when the player is online.
smile

Post by smile »

BaconFries wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:27 pm As a trial user there is no support as previously mentioned. Also note there is no support on Free extensions they are provided "asis" Also if your friend has access to the extension as a registered user he should report this to Pablo for his attention.
He never uses the extension why he should bother to reprot anything?
Sad that this forum community is with sutch attitude that bugfixing is called support.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

This has nothing to do with bugs in the software. The extension is not an official part of the software. This extension was created for my own personal use and I have shared it in case someone else finds it useful, that is why there is no support on (free) extensions. See also the license agreement that came with the extension.

Also note that (reproducible) bugs in the software are usually solved within hours. I do not think you will find a better service anywhere else.
andyp

Post by andyp »

smile wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:35 am
BaconFries wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:27 pm As a trial user there is no support as previously mentioned. Also note there is no support on Free extensions they are provided "asis" Also if your friend has access to the extension as a registered user he should report this to Pablo for his attention.
Sad that this forum community is with sutch attitude that bugfixing is called support.
As you are a potential new user I really must state that WB has what must be the best support there is with issues being resolved within a very short time frame.

You will also get good advice from the forum community.... stick around and brows through the posts... :D
Making mistakes....and still learning as I go along.. and very grateful to those who know far more than me... :)
http://www.apgraphx.co.uk
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

If he never uses the extension then how did you get the screenshot?
Where did I say that this was a "Bug"? when I mentioned "Support" it is to your questions of use of the software and of the extension....
Notes:
Extensions are only available for registered users of actively supported versions of WYSIWYG Web Builder!
Extensions are not officially supported, they are made available as an extra service for the users of WYSIWYG Web Builder that find them useful and the software is provided "AS IS"
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

@smile
Our regards on not giving you the proper solution...

WWB#16 is the most advanced and progressive web builder out there on the market. Every year it brings new feature not just reformations or bug fixing. Bug fixing is just the basic and the best service Pablo provides the quickest out there I can dare at that and guarantee. We have a good community here. Some will do anything to help you and some won't help you at all. But Pablo here helps us dedicated each and every one individually and he tries his best.

Nothing to overcome your desires but if you find the product and our communities effort on path I would recommend you to buy a license and try to use the product with its full potentials. This product's value is insignificant when it comes to the passion and dedication Pablo has put to make it top-notch.

We all have a list of feature which we also want in our website but patience is the key.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Your are missing one point wwonderful this community or forum it is for registered users who have paid for the software. When you buy a license it helps to contribute to the development of the software and it's support from Pablo on its use. Without paying users there would be no software, no forum, no support... also by being a registered user and providing your order number like what has been asked previously it proves you are not using a illegal version and getting help when not entitled to so it not about who helps and who doesn't...

Note no actuation is being made in anyway here on use of the software.