How to display current year for copyright?

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
wrsalasr

How to display current year for copyright?

Post by wrsalasr »

Hi, I want to be able to do is add a copyright notice with the current year in the footer, someone can tell me how can do it
lac8383

Re: How to display current year for copyright?

Post by lac8383 »

If you are simply looking to add the copyright symbol, add a text box to your footer. In Windows 10 in the Type here to search, enter character map.
Click on the application, select the desired font to match your text font , select the copyright symbol on the 6th line. Click "Select" and then "Copy".
Paste this in your text box in the footer. Add the year after the copyright symbol so it reads "Copyright © 2020, All Rights Reserved" or whatever you desire.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

If you simply double click on the text box to edit it and then right click inside to bring up the context menu, select 'symbol' and choose 'copyright'. WB already has some useful symbols available for use.

If you are looking for an automated option where the year is updated automatically, you can use the ready made javascript copyright. Go to Insert --> Miscellaneous --> Ready to use javascripts drag it onto the workspace and choose Copyright Notice and then just fill in the info.
wrsalasr

Post by wrsalasr »

If you are looking for an automated option where the year is updated automatically, you can use the ready made javascript copyright. Go to Insert --> Miscellaneous --> Ready to use javascripts drag it onto the workspace and choose Copyright Notice and then just fill in the info.
Hi crispy68, I have done as you indicate, but for some reason when I upload the page the copyright text is not shown
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Hard to say without seeing what you did. It works for me. Do you have a link to the page?
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

Has that copyright script been updated lately? I get 2020-2018 when I put in the start year as 2020. Preview in the js dialog looks fine, but not the actual dates. Since I couldn't make that work, I just make a user variable and change it once a year.
WYSI RICH

Post by WYSI RICH »

Hi wrsalasr

Make sure the copywrite Javascript is within the Footer box (if you're using one)

If it's not within the Footer, it can sometimes get hidden.

When dragging the javascript into the footer, wait until you can see the footer box have a thick blue line around it, then release the mouse button (or finger on the laptop) :-)

The copyright should appear then.
wrsalasr

Post by wrsalasr »

Hi WYSI RICH, you were right, now I can see the copywrite, thanks
WYSI RICH

Post by WYSI RICH »

Hi wrsalasr,

Brilliant! It's great to be able to help someone!