Question for people with a modern e-reader

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
jerryco

Question for people with a modern e-reader

Post by jerryco »

When does it flash from white to black and back? I'm looking at a few videos and turning pages seems to be without flashing... most of the time? Settings screens seem to flash more?

Can you comment... does your e-reader ever flash the entire screen when you're reading a book?
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
jerryco

Re: Question for people with a modern e-reader

Post by jerryco »

Hi, yes I did a search on it but this answer is the best yet. Thanks WWBman.
The flashing is simply a product of the way E Ink screens work. ... It used to happen with every page turn, but now E Ink screens can turn many pages without flashing the entire screen, just the text. Over time the clarity of the text starts to degrade, so that's why the full screen refresh is still needed at times.
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
presto

Post by presto »

In the settings of your e-reader you should be able to turn on/off the refresh of each page. This is at least valid for kindle and tolino/rakuten e-readers. If you switch it off, then the screen of your reader will only be refreshed after a certain number of pages, but not each time you flip the page.
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

In the meantime I got excited over a certain reader, but today I was in the position to hold it and use it. The refresh is too slow for me to be comfortable. Let's wait for reader generation 2030 :wink: