This menu

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
bry

This menu

Post by bry »

I want to reproduce the menu as this http://www.thedwellings.org/about-our-program/ website uses.

I like how the menu stays stationary as you scroll the page. I want to use three horizontal rectangular "dots" but I would like to have the word "Menu" appear over the dots when the mouse arrow is positioned over the dots and I think it will have to be an image so I can customize the font and the word "Menu".

Other than that and the colors, (and of course the words and links) I want to copy that menu and the way it works. Is that in the features of version 15?

Thanks much for the best software and help forum on the internet!!
Pablo

Re: This menu

Post by Pablo »

To make a menu stationary you can enable 'affix' for most built-in menus. Or else place it on a sticky layer.

There are many menus to choose from:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/navigation.html
bry

Post by bry »

I have gone through every menu, I think. I still do not see how to create one like http://www.thedwellings.org/about-our-program/

thanks
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Personally, I dont see the menu sticking when I view the page. It scrolls off the page.

You can place the responsive menu (or other menu of choice) into a layer with mode: docking layer and dock mode: dock top.

Are referring to the 'hamburger' menu when it converts to mobile?
bry

Post by bry »

I mean the hamburger stays in place at the top of page as the page is scrolled. I am looking at it on smart phone.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

The mobile menu looks like the panel menu. Place the panel menu button either in a sticky layer or docking layer. Set the background of the layer to transparent.
bry

Post by bry »

Pablo wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:57 am To make a menu stationary you can enable 'affix' for most built-in menus. Or else place it on a sticky layer.

There are many menus to choose from:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/navigation.html
I tried to buy the gooey menu for $5.85 I think but I cannot make it go to cart.
bry

Post by bry »

crispy68 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:51 pm The mobile menu looks like the panel menu. Place the panel menu button either in a sticky layer or docking layer. Set the background of the layer to transparent.
How to I put the hamburger at the top of the panel menu? Thanks much!!!
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Simple:

1. Drag layer into workspace. Choose Mode = sticky layer, orientation = top-right, delay = 0
2. Drag panel menu into workspace and insert into sticky layer.
3. In the panel menu, to get a hamburger menu click browse button by image, choose icon font and select the 3 bars.
4. Adjust layer and panel menu to your liking.
bry

Post by bry »

Thanks so much. Too tired to try tonight. Hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks again
bry

Post by bry »

I got a bit of energy and tried what you said. I have never used the panel menu before and now I love it. One problem, I can't figure out how to put the panel icon where I want. I want the menu on the right side just as in the sample that I started out saying I want to copy. But I want to place the panel icon in a specific place in the header of the page. However, the panel icon keeps going to the top right corner. How can I place it where I want?

Other than that, the panel menu is perfect for this application. I guess I could create a transparent canvas and put the bit of text/art where I want in the canvas so that it will work, but it seems like I should be able to put a panel icon anywhere I want to bring up the menu panel on the right. For that matter, it seems like I should be able to position the menu anywhere I want instead of just left or right.

Thanks again for your GREAT help!!! It is people like you that make this the best help forum that I have ever used.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

The reason why the menu button is always on the top right is because the sticky layer is set to: top-right which is just like the demo page you provided. You can change the position of the sticky layer by choosing one of the other options.

If you want to be able to put it anywhere, simply remove the panel menu from the sticky menu and put it where you want.

Keep in mind, you usually want the hamburger menu somewhere at the top so it's easy to access.
bry

Post by bry »

I just clicked on a link in your sig and then checked out a template. Amazingly, it has the panel menu with the icon exactly like I want.

https://www.webbuildertemplates.com/tem ... index.html

The pet rescue template panel icon is positioned the same way I want. How did they get it there. I am using a Samsung S7 smart phone held vertically.

Thanks!!!
Last edited by bry on Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

How the panel menu opens up can be set in the options section of the panel menu. I suggest you add it to a page and play around with it a bit and check out all the options.
bry

Post by bry »

Thanks Crispy,
I have put it on a test page. I am not talking about how it opens. I am talking about the exact location of the panel icon. It looks like it was offset from left back towards center.

Thanks.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Simply make the sticky layer as big as you need it and position the panel menu inside the sticky layer however far from the top and right you want the button to appear. In the pic below, it is 30px from the top and 30px from the right. The sticky layer is transparent so that only the button will show.

bry

Post by bry »

Thanks, I will be able to try this later today early evening.

Really, thanks so much!!