Activation

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
GOF635

Activation

Post by GOF635 »

I purchased the Web Builder 15 product in August. I received confirmation of purchase e-mail and the serial number. At this time, I do not know if I downloaded the 32bit or 64bit version. I was unable to install in August due to other priorities. Today (October 31) I attempted to install the Web Builder 15 August download. At the point where the install askes for the e-mail address and serial number (input correctly) to Activate the software, an error message advised that I was not connected to the internet (I was). As per the FAQ, I checked both Firewall and Virus scanner, shut them down, tried again to activate, same result.
Concluded that there maybe a conflict between the v.15 version that I downloaded and the date; the trial period was also exceeded. To put everything on a common base, I uninstalled and removed whatever Web Builder 15 s/w that was identified by MS W10 Control Panel.
I download a new 64bit version today, I don’t recall how. Recalling the error message from the previous activation attempt and the FAQ admonishment about Firewall, Virus catcher and Port 80, I ran Setup64. End result: Error message about Internet connection (I was connected), and my e-mail address was entered correctly, and I copy pasted the serial number into the field required to activate.
Can you suggest any course of action to activate the application?
Thanks.
Pablo

Re: Activation

Post by Pablo »

Did you add webbuilder.exe to the exception list of your firewall ?

See also this related FAQ:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... =10&t=1808
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The application cannot bypass the security of BullGuard (otherwise viruses or malware could do the same). So, it is up to you (as the administrator of the computer) configure it such a way that the connection is not blocked.
However, the instructions from the FAQ (provided by the Bullguard support team) should make it work. It has worked for all other users that had the same issue.
Note that it is very important to reboot your computer after each step otherwise BullGuard will continue to block the connection.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

If you think the issue is Bullguard, can't you disable it for 2 minutes while you activate the software?

Alan
GOF635

Post by GOF635 »

I accept you "diagnosis". I will
A) suspend BullGuard and activate Defender and
B) add Webuilder to the trusted web sites on Defender,
C) reboot computer, (forget about virus's for 10 minutes),
D) run Setup64 using original Registered e-mail and serial number.

Is there anything missing or incorrect in the above?
Please confirm what the registered e-mail, in case I have got that wrong. I still have the serial number recorded separately. .
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Note that suspending BullGuard will not help, it will still remain active in the background.
You will have to follow the instructions from the FAQ or complete remove it.

Your registration email end with @asii.ca
GOF635

Post by GOF635 »

I followed the BullGuard procedure in but it did not work for me. I then contacted BullGuard Support, explained the issue and the problem. They recommendation was to uninstall BullGuard AND remove all the Settings then run Setup64. It worked like a charm; 30 seconds to install and activate! Wonderful!!! The only problem is I lost contact with the BullGuard Support tech. Now I have to go and reinstall SunGuard before some malicious, hostile gremlin invades my machine.
Thanks for the help and support.