V15 preview fonts

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
Humberto

V15 preview fonts

Post by Humberto »

Hi, i'm having problems with non-web-safe fonts during preview. After publishing the site is ok, but in preview, the fonts are wrong and the icon-fonts icons desapear. Please help me!

I'm using the latest upgrade to v15. V15.0.3
Pablo

Re: V15 preview fonts

Post by Pablo »

What exactly did you do?
Can you please give more details?
Do you have a demo project?
Humberto

Post by Humberto »

Hi Pablo, first of all thanks for the reply,

I had a project made in wb14 and now i've upgraded to wb15 with the last build 15.0.3.

My problem is that when i preview the page the font that i've applyed does not show, like the image you can see.
If i publish the page, font is ok and icon-font also.

This just happen now with wb15.
Ok, just found out that this only happen when i preview with firefox, chrome and ie display everything just right.

Something strange is that my default browser is chrome, but wb15 uses firefox as default browser.
Can you also tell me why the html editor is so slow in some pages? If the code it's a little big the html editor gets really slow.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Humberto on Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

There is no difference between the preview and published page. In both cases the exact same code and files will be generated.
Are all fonts copied to the preview folder?

Maybe your firewall or anti-virus software blocks the local preview?

If not, can you create a demo project and tell me which fonts you have used?
There are no know issues with fonts in local preview, so to be able to help you I need all the information you can give me.
Humberto

Post by Humberto »

Hi Pablo,

Ok, just found out that this only happen when i preview with firefox, chrome and ie display everything just right.

Something strange is that my default browser is chrome, but wb15 uses firefox as default browser.
Can you also tell me why the html editor is so slow in some pages? If the code it's a little big the html editor gets really slow.

Thanks in advance.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

but wb15 uses firefox as default browser.
WWB uses your default system browser. You can change this in your computer configuration
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/preview.html

The HTML editor was not really designed for large blocks of code. It was included for adding small pieces of code to the page.
The editor functionality was licensed from another company so I do not have much control over the speed.
But maybe the 64bit version is faster because can handle more memory?
Humberto

Post by Humberto »

Thanks Pablo, and by the way i love your software. Use it every day. I am Always looking for the next version.
cbiggs

Post by cbiggs »

Hello, I am experiencing something similar, I have upgraded from 8 to 15, Im using Arial text and it is showing good in the builder but when I preview ( im using Edge) , it goes supersized and no longer fits into the area that I want it to. I can publish text as an image to overcome but i dont want to keep doing this. I don't have anything online to show you and don't seem to be able to get an attachment in either.

Thanks for any help.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Text size related issues are usually related the DPI configuration.

See this related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=85917
cbiggs

Post by cbiggs »

Morning, many thanks for the response. This has solved my problem. Great job on this version, it's clearly very powerful and has loads of useful tools.