*** SOLVED *** WB15 New Installation Problem

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
kibble

*** SOLVED *** WB15 New Installation Problem

Post by kibble »

I have just purchased V15 and when I try to run setup.exe I get the following message
Setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
I am running Windows XP and am still able to run V14 with no problem.
I have downloaded the zip file twice, in case it was a corrupted download.
Can you suggest anything that would sort this out for me.
Thank You
BaconFries

Re: WB15 New Installation Problem

Post by BaconFries »

Sorry but Windows XP and including Vista are no longer compatible/supported by WB15. This is documented at the following
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 4e7d8c8c65

Without being rude I can't understand why anyone is still using XP today... just my two cents.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Maybe you trying to install the 64bit version?

Also note that Windows XP is not supported.
kibble

Post by kibble »

Ok thanks for the answer.
I did not see anywhere that XP is not supported in WB15 (maybe I missed it)
Can I get a full refund?

BaconFries - I found windows 7 to be unusable, Windows 8 not a lot better. Windows 10 is ok, but I don't want to spend lots of money on buying windows 10 and then updating my scanner, printer and some software I have bought over the years when XP does everything I need it to (except run WB15 :( ). I suppose that I know one day I will more than likely have to.

Pablo I downloaded from the link on the e-mail re WB15 upgrade information, it did not appear to indicate it was the 64bit version.

Thanks
kibble

Post by kibble »

Just re-read the WB15 update post that BaconFries pointed to.
Yes it does state in there that XP is not supported (due to Direct2D)
So, my mistake. I'll just have to save the downloaded WB15 until I eventually get Windows 10, maybe this will quicken up the process.

Thanks
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

From the url provided
Hardware acceleration/Direct2D
Unfortunately the switch to Direct2D also means that the software no longer works on Windows XP/Vista.
For the best results we recommend to use Windows 10. Although most functionality should also work with Windows 7 and 8

You should still be able to use all your old printer, scanner etc under Windows 10 along with your software. I still use Macromedia software such as Fireworks, Dreamweaver without any issues but can see your point. Also Windows 10 isn't all that expensive to buy, look on *Bay there are sellers who sell licences cheap under what is known as 'scrapage'. This allowing them to sell you a 'license' from a scrapped PC but to do so you will also receive a component from the 'scrapped' PC such as its Motherboard. It is your choice if you dont wish to upgrade and I respect that.
bobfletcher

Post by bobfletcher »

I have tried to load WB15 and had no problem with 15.0.2 but when I loaded 15.0.3 (and 0.4) the installation goes smoothly but when I try to run the program something flashes up on the desktop and then nothing happens, no error messages just nothing. I am using W10 and had no problem with WB14 and previous releases. Has anyone got any ideas about what may be wrong?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

This is most likely an issue with your virus scanner. Please make sure that webbuilder.exe is on the exception list or contact the makers of the anti-virus software for an update.
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

How long are you waiting before giving up on WB15 starting? Mine took a while to come up the first time (and I did get the quick window flash very soon after starting the program).
bobfletcher

Post by bobfletcher »

Waited a long time so there is definitely something wrong. The 64 bit version of WB15 does the same thing. I'm using Windows Security and I've checked the Firewall (that's OK). WB14 still runs OK and WB15.02 did run OK but I've not kept the download file for that version so I can't try it again. I've just installed the very lastest W10 update but that did not solve the problem. Obviously there is some incompatibility somewhere but not sure what else to check. :cry:
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The 15.0.3 update does not have any major changes compared to the previous update.
Did you add webbuilder.exe to the firewall exceptions?
bobfletcher

Post by bobfletcher »

Yes,the FIrewall allows WB15. Actually I've just found a version of WB15.02 and this doesn't work either now but I think it did at one stage. One version of WB15 certainly worked as I loaded it and looked at the new functions. Think it must be a Windows update that is causing the problem but not sure. I'm using the latest Windows update and don't want to go back unless I have to. Tried to load the program after starting up W10 in safe mode but WB15 still wouldn't run.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Did you check the logs of firewall / anti-virus to make sure it's not blocked?
I cannot think of anything else that prevents the software from running.
Your system should at least tell you why it does not work.
bobfletcher

Post by bobfletcher »

Not sure if this helps
WYSIWYG Web Builder

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\WYSIWYG Web Builder 15\WebBuilder.exe
Creation Time: 19/07/2019 12:57:15
Problem: Stopped working

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: WebBuilder.exe
Application Version: 15.0.2.0
Application Timestamp: 5d21efb4
Fault Module Name: WebBuilder.exe
Fault Module Version: 15.0.2.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 5d21efb4
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00b2b67e

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 2ace2623708080172fbbf0e5692c9986 (2286686103923366278)

WB14 works OK.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

No, this does not give any useful information.

Maybe there is a corrupt file in the extensions folder?

You can try this:
- go to Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\ and rename the folder

Does it work now?
rogerl

Post by rogerl »

Just a note to our Win XP friend. Microsoft is still offering a free upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10. I've just started up a new system using the 64 bit Win 10 as a new installation waiting till after installation to activate it. Just found my old Win 7 serial and used that and system was activated. Of course you will need to have the system and memory to cope with it all.
bobfletcher

Post by bobfletcher »

I changed the name of the webbuilder folder in documents, uninstalled WB15 and reloaded it. It created a new webbuilder folder in documents but still failed to load, just a flash on the screen. It did get as far as telling me there was an updated version (15.0.4) though before the screen flash came and then nothing happened (this has always been the case).
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I still suspect that a firewall/antivirus or other tool is blocking it.
I cannot think of anything else. In all the years I have been doing this that has been the only reason for the software not running.
bobfletcher

Post by bobfletcher »

Changed the name of the webbuilder folder in documents, deleted WB15 and re-installed it. WB15 created a new webbuilder folder but still didn't work. It got as far as telling me about the 15.0.4 upgrade and then just flashed something on the screen and died. WB14 works and I loaded a copy of WB12 and this works. Very strange !!
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Do you have another computer you can try it on so we can be sure this is not an issue of your computer?

Did you also update your video/graphics drivers? WB15 uses Direc2d so unlike previous versions it uses hardware acceleration. But if your computer has Windows 10 then this should not be an issue.
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

Is it possible WB has opened minimized?
bobfletcher

Post by bobfletcher »

I tried WB15 on another computer and it worked so the problem is with the configuration on my main computer. However WB15 is the only program that fails. WB12, WB14 and all other programs run OK. I am also at the latest W10 release (1903) and I have run DISM and System File Checker (SFC) and everything is OK. WB15 did run 2 weeks ago when I first loaded it so one of the recent upgrades has possibly caused the problem or maybe there is a corrupted file somewhere. I have also checked my drivers and the Dell Support Assistant says they are up to date. So I am completely at a loss as to what is wrong.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You can download 15.0.0 here:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/suppor ... er1500.zip

Does this still work?

Note that this is not a stable version so it should not be used for editing your website. This is just to see if works.
bobfletcher

Post by bobfletcher »

No, it no longer works so something has happened since I originally ran it.

W10 has been updated but I guess other people are using W10 (1903 build 18362.239).
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Another thing you can try is to complete remove (or rename) all settings from the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Pablo Software Solutions\WYSIWYG Web Builder 15
bobfletcher

Post by bobfletcher »

That did the trick. WB15 up and working now. Many thanks.