Multi-platform Sync

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
deejayw

Multi-platform Sync

Post by deejayw »

I wonder if it might be possible to include a WYSIWYG-WB program shutdown option to copy the .wbs project file to its resource sub-folder so that one of the many inter-platform folder sync programs can synchronize all the files needed by a project in one simple job?
Pablo

Re: Multi-platform Sync

Post by Pablo »

If you enable 'Let WYSYWYG Web builder manage images and other files...' in Tools->Options->Files & Folder, then all assets will be copied to the project folder when you save the project.
deejayw

Post by deejayw »

Pablo: I have that option set already. The active project file (projectx.wbs) remains in the folder above (WYSIWYG Web Builder) however.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

What else did you expect to happen?
deejayw

Post by deejayw »

Pablo: Shall we go back to my original post in this thread?
I normally edit using my desktop PC. So that I can easily continue to support a web site whilst away from home with my laptop, (or someone else can if I go under a bus) I've spent some time looking at programs that automatically sync resources between computers. There are various options offered but all the automated ones I've looked at so far will quite easily sync folders rather than specific files. Since I wish to sync one WYSIWYG project from a selection of projects, i need to sync the project's .wbs file and its resource folder. The job would be easily achieved if the .wbs project file was either resident in the resource folder or copied there on program shutdown. I imagine that this objective is not unique to me! Its just an idea, forget it if it is not worth your effort in a future release.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Why don't you sync the WWB folder or place the project in the resource folder?
deejayw

Post by deejayw »

If I sync the WWB folder, I would also sync all the other cr-p in there too.
I can certainly sync the whole project in one hit if the project.wbs file was in the resource folder, but how does it get there. At the moment, I am doing as you suggest - manually copying the file. I would prefer it to be automated. TKS
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You only have to copy the project (and the project's folder) to the resource folder once.
Then open the project in WWB from that location.
deejayw

Post by deejayw »

OK Pablo. Sorry to take up so much of your time. Yes, I'll do that. I had thought that the project file had to reside in the WWB folder above the resource folder. There's always something new to learn!
deejayw

Post by deejayw »

For the information of other readers ...
I copied the project file to the resource file and opened it from there. As you might expect, the project opened without knowing where to find its resources, it was looking for the eponymously named folder below. I used the the Tools | Asset Manager to Update the location of the assets and hey presto, all the images and stuff that were missing were now visible. However, I had left the Tools | Options | Files & Folders | Asset Management ticked. WWB proceeded to create a new identically named sub folder with all the same assets. I unchecked the option, shutdown WWB and removed the new sub-folder. All now appears to be as I want it. :D