Site Manager

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
GOF635

Site Manager

Post by GOF635 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:10 pm

User documentation indicates there is a site manager window on the right side of the Workspace. I cannot activate this utility. What do I do to show it together with the Properties Inspector?

Pablo

Re: Site Manager

Post by Pablo » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:32 pm

Maybe this will be helpful?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22937

GOF635

Post by GOF635 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:49 pm

You have got to be kidding! You expect a low level technology user to mess around with Registry Keys?? Option 2 looks pretty complicated as well. How would it be if I removed the complete application via the Control Panel and re-installed it? I assume the may be an option.

WWBman

Post by WWBman » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:12 pm

Are you saying that View > Site Manager didn't work?

GOF635

Post by GOF635 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:16 pm

It does not appear when I start WB14.

GOF635

Post by GOF635 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:18 pm

Sorry, answered incorrectly. View>Site Manager does not work.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:19 am

Maybe you have dragged it behind another window?

Did you try to uninstall?

GOF635

Post by GOF635 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:25 pm

I checked the hidden window to the best of my ability (moving what was visible). Nothing revealed itself.
No, I have not re-installed - yet. There are two issues to be addressed before doing that;
1) given that any project files are backed up and the back ups are secure, what other folder/file components relative to a project need to be saved and
2) I am not ready to do a reinstall just for expediency. I would like some assurance that the 'disappearance' of the Site Manager is not a bug in the application. If you want to use s/w like Team Viewer to visit and examine the WB14 installation on this desktop along with any files/folders created, I will be happy to accommodate the effort; subject to some basic conditions; who does it and what they want to check besides the WYSIWG folder.
I believe you have my e-mail address as part of the profile. Perhaps it would be more appropriate to communicate through that medium if you wish to pursue this opportunity.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:34 pm

Reinstalling the software will not affect your projects.

I can ensure you that the disappearance' of the Site Manager is not a bug, it has never disappeared automatically for other users to my knowledge. I think you have hidden it somehow yourself. or it may still on the screen but hidden in a tab or other part of the layout.
However, because I cannot see your settings and the state of your computer, it will be difficult to give you the exact steps to solve this quickly other than what I have already suggested.
Removing the registry key will really be the quickest way to get the default settings back.

The only way I can help you with this is if you give me remote access to your computer so I can see what the window layout looks like.
But I think it's better if you try to solve it yourself (based on my suggestion) so if it happens again then you can quickly solve it.

GOF635

Post by GOF635 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:42 pm

I do not want to perform any action involving the Registry Keys and the operating system myself; I am not comfortable with that.
At this stage I am not ready to concede that I hid the Site Manager by mistake.I have three monitors on this desktop and am looking at the WB14 work screen on one of them as I type this. The only windows showing are the Toolbox; fixed and the Prosperities (Page) window; floating. I do notice however that on the Properties Window, if I right click in the window, a drop down appears providing three options: Floating, Docking and Hide. Since it is with in reasonable possibility (not probability) that I somehow clicked the "Hide" option (which I have not seen before), how would I unhide the window? If the 'Un-hide" action relies on clicking the View>Site Manager button then there is a problem because that button is not functioning. I am tempted to click the 'Hide' option in the Properties window just to see if the View>Properties Inspector would reinstate it however, why tempt the fates!!
We now have three options:
1. I do a blind re-install
2. You send me detailed instructions on re-setting the Registry Key and I will get a o/s technician over here to monitor what I do.
3. I give you remote access to this desktop to do what you need to do
Your choice.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:03 pm

Please try uninstall/install first.
You send me detailed instructions on re-setting the Registry Key and I will get a o/s technician over here to monitor what I do.
You can find the instructions here:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22937
Anyone with Windows system knowledge will understand these instructions. This will only take seconds.

You can also download .reg file to reset the workspace state.
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/support/resetworkspace.zip
a. Unzip the file to your desktop.
b. double click resetworkspace.reg.
This will reset the workspace registry key.

Or else send me login setting for Team Viewer so I can do it for you.

GOF635

Post by GOF635 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:56 pm

It seems the preferred option on your end and ours is to re-install. I will do that over the weekend. If I get the opportunity I will also try and replicate what I think I was doing when I think the Site Manager disappeared otherwise I will get to it during the week and report.
I would like to publicly thank you for the time you have devoted to this issue and the solutions you have offered. I know that is your job but all too often any sensitivity to the frustration of a user is discarded in the interest of "moving things along". You demonstrated abundant respect for my frustration on this issue and I think you for that. I look forward now to a smooth site development going forward.

GOF635

Post by GOF635 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:16 pm

Update. I uninstalled as recommended and used a utility to remove broken Registry keys (just in case). I then shutdown and did a re-boot. After checking to see that the original WB14 download was still accessible (it was), I used the 'Set up' utility to re-install (it was successful) and using the desktop icon, started WB14.
It turns out all this was totally unnecessary - much to my embarrassment. As soon as the WB14 loaded first thing that appeared on the screen was the Properties window that I had been staring at for the last week. I came close to blowing a gasket!
After a moment of Zen Reflection I decided to see what would happen if I closed the properties window. You may recall I had said that the Site Manager button in View>Site Manager did not respond. Here are the following steps I followed and the result:
1. I closed the Properties Window by clicking on the "X". I should mention that I had lengthened the Properties window just to see what was not displayed.
2. I clicked on View>Properties Inspector and the Properties (Page) window re-appeared.
3. I closed the Properties window again.
4. This time I clicked on View>Site Manager and to my surprise, the Properties window reappeared. It occurred to me that perhaps the Site Manager window was hiding under the lengthened Properties window so I shortened it. In doing so, for the first time, I saw the two links at the very bottom of the Window: "Properties" and "Site Manager". It must have been there all the time but I had not seen them because I was not looking for them
5. After toggling between the two links several times, I noticed that under some condition the two links DID NOT appear at the bottom of the Properties window and this is what I must have been looking at.
6. I have replicated the 'disappearance' of the two links in the Properties window a few times but nobody in their right mind is going to do it deliberately - but somehow I did!
I'll write this down to inexperience with WB14 and make a mental note to try the unconventional next time something happens that shouldn't!!

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:37 pm

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Note that the way windows are managed (hide/show/float/dock) is not specific to the spatter. This is standard Microsoft functionality. So, I do not have control over the way it work behind the scenes.